Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

J

Jumping Jack

Starting to move well over the turf... looked good tonight. Can’t underestimate the effect those heavy knocks would have taken on him early on in the season.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
A nearly game for Dan tonight. He kicks a couple of goals, and he'd be in our top 6 or so players on the night imo.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He was better tonight but reckon he’s still struggling for form. He missed 2 absolute sodas from 20m out on the run plus that shot from 45 dead in front was plain ugly; out on the full.

Still needs to lift and reckon he’s lucky to be in the team.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He was better tonight but reckon he’s still struggling for form. He missed 2 absolute sodas from 20m out on the run plus that shot from 45 dead in front was plain ugly; out on the full.

Still needs to lift and reckon he’s lucky to be in the team.

Nah, he's not hot but defs not on the block.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Something isnt right with danny

He missed about 3 tackles last night

If a rioli is missing tackles, something isnt right.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
He has been off all season. Last few weeks he has shown signs of returning to 2017 form and I thought he was ok last night. He is important to the way we play and I just hope he gets back to the level we know he is capable of come September.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He has been off all season. Last few weeks he has shown signs of returning to 2017 form and I thought he was ok last night. He is important to the way we play and I just hope he gets back to the level we know he is capable of come September.

Agree. He was making them panic with his pressue.
His work down back was very good.
His pick up on the wing to give it to lambert was unbelievable.
The missed goals was his only let down.
He still has heaps of improvement to go.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Agree. He was making them panic with his pressue.
His work down back was very good.
His pick up on the wing to give it to lambert was unbelievable.
The missed goals was his only let down.
He still has heaps of improvement to go.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he was better than he has been. but as EzyT says above "something ain't right".
he has a bit of a marching powder vibe about him .. and hanging around the Fevolas .. .. ?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Reckon he's just starting to find his touch n rhythm again, perfect leading up to finals. Couple of shots at goal n a couple of tackles not quite stuck which makes the difference between a quality game n average. His run n harrass n repeat efforts were back n he managed a couple of very tidy n crafty tap on efforts where he was likely to get nailed.
With so much injury upheaval this year our whole side is still working at getting our premium finals game style working properly, but I reckon we're getting scary close n it'll be " duck low bridge " for opposition sides in the coming couple of months.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Last two/three games have been improving. Remember he's been injury affected much of this season.

Yeah he missed a couple but did a lot of good things last night.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Danny's working back into form. Been good the past couple of weeks. Working hard.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Creeping and progressing in the right direction, he stays because he can change a game in minutes as he did in the prelim in 2017.

If he kicks those goals he gets more kudos.

Has been inaccurate all year has kicked 11- 16 which is unlike him.

Not many apart from Tommy, Jack or Dusty can do that.

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
Yea I thought he looked the best I'd seen him for a while in this one - it was a kind of visual standout for me.

Okay some of the kicking wasn't the best, but he's more than that to the team anyway. His energy was really good, and that's the main thing, in his case at least.

Can't see him being dropped if he stays at that level, and fingers crossed he'll only get better.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
All said and dione it would be good if he could get 2 months board with Mrs Hardwick and win us a secnond flag in 3 years.

Then he can move out again.;)

Reactions: 1 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Is given more latitude than most on the list. If you’re only good for a dozen touches a game you need to stick tackles and make the most of your chances. I agree it was a “nearly” game front Daniel but I still have concerns.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I was critical of his match whilst at the game but have changed my tune after watching the replay. He was great down back and plays the pressure role well. He is a lock for next week.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
i was happy with how he played, was working hard and influential deep in defence and there were multiple plays when he had repeat involvements. Got amongst it.
felt like he has turned the corner. only a good but he is building and will be very good by the eagles.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
After watching the replay he played even better than first thought. Good game.