Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
dropped , back in for one reasonable game , then another shocker, and dropped again ,

that is concerning for a guy who has been a regular selection for some time now

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
he has the bad combination of looking overweight, unfit and disinterested. Who knows what’s really going on but hopefully it’s nothing too serious and he can get back to enjoying his footy

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Lack of Fitness led to Lack of Form led to Lack of Confidence ILHO.

Go back, fix the first thing for a month then come back in and see if he can correct the other two.

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Lack of Fitness led to Lack of Form led to Lack of Confidence ILHO.

Go back, fix the first thing for a month then come back in and see if he can correct the other two.
I'm frustrated by his form/issues as well. But it could be an injury issue. It was reported on 7News prior to last week's selections that both he and Higgins were in some doubt from training, but then both came up (and didn't play all that well). Maybe he came back from ISO in bad shape? Did he go back home then?
Possibly a groin issue? He's lost some speed since game 1 - remember that great slingshot goal where he started well behind a Bloos defender or two and out-sprinted them both to run into an open goal? His pace looked ok then. Now he seems to be struggling below his knees, to collect the ball, and kicking power looks off.
If not physical but mental, then is he still cut up over Mia Fev? When I think about Dan, he's still quite young and so far from home, family and his people. Maybe he's not sure of what his future is or where he belongs? Will he just end up back home like Cyril? To do what? Could he make a living in Melbourne or another big city post-football?
Don't think it can be all that easy for him, especially now he has achieved plenty, 2 flags by 23 y.o. In the meantime, his future at RFC is pretty safe with that name/history and the club eagerly waiting to see what the future holds for Maurice Jnr.
But sure needs a rest.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Those lamenting Butler’s form should probably redirect those comparisons to the Tom Lynch thread to be fair.

Last edited:

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I noticed in Daniels last game he was on the wing grabbed the ball and tried to lose his player turning right but his turning circle was huge and he was caught.

I am just wondering if Daniels left ankle isn't quite ok at the moment end hence his drop in form.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I noticed in Daniels last game he was on the wing grabbed the ball and tried to lose his player turning right but his turning circle was huge and he was caught.

I am just wondering if Daniels left ankle isn't quite ok at the moment end hence his drop in form.

Currently it looks like his ankle is seized to his leg.
He hasn't got that burst anymore.
Does he train hard enough?
I reckon he is good enough to turn it around.
We have seen him rip games apart.
You don't lose talent.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How do they justify his selection. He has not gone close to playing a good game all year.

I don't know what is wrong with him. This is not him but we can't carry players in form like this is a shortened season. It's staggering how badly he is playing.

Reactions: 1 user