Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
2017 PF remains his best game. The next week he broke his foot.
I agree until that point he moved more like Shai. Was cat-like & often had 4-5 repeat efforts.
That said he still has a monster work rate but it would take its toll.
Aside from the gf last year his other finals were good , kicked a goal or more in 3 finals. the bar gets set too high , if I said he was our 22nd player picked his performance over the campaign would exceed the last player picked in any other finals squad

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
When Bolton went forward in the finals last year, he turned the game for us. I'm not saying he's not a valuable mid too. But lethality in the midfield ends in goal scoring opportunities. Lethality forward ends in goals.

He turned the game for us last week when he went into the middle.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Much improved game and effort tonight - good tackling and got the ball more too
Deserves credit

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Very good I thought. Little bit fumbly, but endeavour was great and good to see him hit the scoreboard.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Much improved game and effort tonight - good tackling and got the ball more too
Deserves credit

Agreed, all the small forwards put in an effort tonight and Dan definitely looked better after a break.

Still a couple of fumbly moments here and there but overall played a solid game.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I thought he tried to play too cute too often, just get back to basics.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Based on tonights performance Dan seems to have got his mojo back. Motored around all night with aggression mixed in with a fair bit of the Rioli skill

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Defensively had a great game. Still far too fumbly atm, frustrating to watch. Hopefully he's getting his confidence back.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Better game, fumbled a bit but still stayed in the contest when he did. Definitely a step in the right direction.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Started well, running on top of the ground, looking to create and using his Xfactor skills.
Then back to the old Rioli, going to ground, fumbly and ball watching .....

Not sure why, fitness maybe or attitude or something else?

Loved the signs in the first quarter, looks like he started with a certain mindset, then relapsed.
But great to see signs that he can still create and dazzle.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Is at his best hassling i50 corralling opponents , makes me nervous in open space 1/1 However it’s importamt part of role to push up and zone the midfield , he needs to work the contested part of his game , I reckon he could improve it if he focussed on it