Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Thought he was pretty average again. Fumbles galore. Was slightly harder at some contest, and the same at others.

Better, but still a below average game for mine considering the score line.

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Much better. Still a bit fumbly. But getting plumb outmarked twice by the bloke weating number 1 for St Kilda (Farren Ray or whoever) was disappointing. He just has to bring the ball to ground rather than be all or nothing in those situations.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
W
Much better. Still a bit fumbly. But getting plumb outmarked twice by the bloke weating number 1 for St Kilda (Farren Ray or whoever) was disappointing. He just has to bring the ball to ground rather than be all or nothing in those situations.

Bit tough on Rioli there, Nick Coffield is one of St Kilda'sr best players a #8 draft pick, and 191cm vs Daniel 179cm, hardly a punishable offence to be outmarked.
Thought he had a good game and even better after watching the replay, fumbly yes but I thought his repeat efforts were great and getting closer to the Daniel of old.

Reactions: 7 users

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
W

Bit tough on Rioli there, Nick Coffield is one of St Kilda'sr best players a #8 draft pick, and 191cm vs Daniel 179cm, hardly a punishable offence to be outmarked.
Thought he had a good game and even better after watching the replay, fumbly yes but I thought his repeat efforts were great and getting closer to the Daniel of old.
Fair enough. I dont seek punishment!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Fantastic job locking the ball inside 50, giving us repeat chances for scoring opportunities.

Running from left to right with the other players in waves frustrating and putting pressure on St Kilda players not allowing them any time and space.

Inside 50 tackles our forwards 18 to Saints just the 8 - so well done Daniel, Aarts, George, Lambo and Jack Graham

I know Daniel's role and it's to win. I don't care what stats they get individually other than the 'four points' stat. Numbers are nice but team players are even better Even the great Dusty has foregone stat padding and realises 20+ from him forward off centre is better than 30+ all over the ground.

And no offence to others in the past who accumulated stats and we never won, I'm riding with what these boys do today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-220359_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-220359_AFL.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: 5 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Has lost confidence in himself ages ago, hence the fumbles and highly uncharacteristic slow reflexes

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
W

Bit tough on Rioli there, Nick Coffield is one of St Kilda'sr best players a #8 draft pick

If he’s one of your best players you’re in big trouble. Battler at best. He creates a fair bit of angst in saints supporters I know.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
If he’s one of your best players you’re in big trouble. Battler at best. He creates a fair bit of angst in saints supporters I know.
That’s understandable re Coffield.
We still have whipping boys and we’ve won 3 Premierships in 4 years

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
View attachment 11974

100th game this week for the 3 x Premiership Tiger.
Thanks for the post Tigers of Old, he's a beauty aye. Seen a lot of dislike for the Rioli boy and as a Rioli lover, I don't really like or understand it :))
Many people keep throwing up he ain't no Liam Ryan - AFL media, social media react to his marks and some of the exciting highlight reels he produces. In fairness, Daniel does not have the same 'highlight reel' package but I still couldn't see what the big talk was on Ryan, yeah he does some very impressive things but is he really that good.

So I did a compare ;)

Both 24, for the 2021 Season -
6 goals each - 1.5 a game for both
Score Involvements - DR 5.3 to 5.5 LR
Tackles - DR 3.3 to 1.8 LR
Tackles In Forward 50 - DR 3.3 to 1.8 LR
Disposals - DR 9.5 to 10.8 LR
Disposal Efficiency - DR 66% to 63% LR :oops:
AFL Fantasy - DR 53.3 to 57.3 LR

Career Stats - Tackles - DR 3.2 to 1.9 LR
Disposals per Game - DR 11.3 to 11.3 LR
Disposal Efficiency - DR 73% to 59% LR o_O
AFL Fantasy - DR 54.2 to 57.6 LR

So I don't think Daniel is that far behind Mr Ryan. 4 fantasy points is not like a 10, 20, 30 or higher rating that Daniel is that far behind him. Nor the disposals per game are that far different that Ryan gets talked up like he's some superstar and Daniel is a hack. 11.3 a game career each!!

And the Tackles and Disposal Efficiency Daniel has over him, would love to see who people would take, a bloke delivering quality at 59% or someone at 73%. Hmm interesting.

I think Danielson deserves a bit more respect aye :) Show a bit more love to a Tiger man

:gotiges

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's vital for the way we play ie his running, field coverage, chasing and pressure. But I would love to see his offensive ability he showed in 16 and 17 return.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
He's vital for the way we play ie his running, field coverage, chasing and pressure. But I would love to see his offensive ability he showed in 16 and 17 return.
He's averaging 1.5 goals a game this year and kicked 0.4 against the Hawks. He's on track for 30 goals. Castagna is doing even better. Good signs.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I th
I that's what the coach suggested the other week, Daniel must get frustrated only being used as a running, field coverage, chasing and pressure player. Yes Rioli's love to tackle and put pressure on, but they don't do that all game, every game, they also show their football creativity and flair. And to do that every week, as Dimma said is mentally taxing, and they put him back for a week to the ressies, let him go out and get a kick and enjoy getting the ball.

The bigger picture is 3 flags in 4 years, we can easily go back to that 1983-2016 era? :flush

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Legend of the club.
Congratulations on 100 games.
Turned our club into the powerhouse it is today through his own game.
Bulter Castagna & Rioli are the ones that made Richmond great again.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Would be one of the luckiest players to reach 100 games considering his output over the last three years.
Missing in action tonight again.