Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Got cheated out of being an AA last year, having just as good a season, Dan deserves one.
Hes my favourite Tiger, but no. He's been plagued with his ankle for far too many weeks this year.

I hope we are not stuffing him up long term ...

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone explain to me why he has played the last 2 weeks. Is Mini trying to do a Wallace and destroy Foley's career for good with Daniel?

Reactions: 3 users
Can anyone explain to me why he has played the last 2 weeks. Is Mini trying to do a Wallace and destroy Foley's career for good with Daniel?

I have been calling for an end to this ankle strategy for many weeks. Aside from Lynch he is now our next most valuable asset.

Who knows, maybe the new coach might even put him back on the forward line where he belongs. (Or at least Wing.)

Dan has been injured for a month, why is he playing.........................:mad:

We just went through an entire year of mismanagement of injury. We all know it. So many blokes back too early to then go out again.

What could we possibly have been thinking playing a 40% fit Rioli as a forward that we couldn't have got from Coulthard? Even if we wanted him at VFL finals level, don't play Daniel and risk him getting something that he has to recover from and could delay his start to 2024. And I'm not talking about I'm being ready for day 1 of preseason. Preseasons are set up but what blokes do from September to October. Sure it's not as intensive as when preseason starts but it lays the groundwork. Fancy risking one of the few Rolls Rocyes in the shed.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 11 users
If you don't know the answer to that question then ------ Daniel's ankle is f$%$%$ and getting jabbed every week
Looks to be about the toughest n most leathery sausage on the BBQ. Not sure I'd want to be chewing on him if I was hungry. Don't know why the hell we haven't wrapped him up in cotton wool n put him away weeks ago, certainly haven't done him any favours by allowing him to get the *smile* knocked out week after week when the season's been done n dusted for three weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree. Can somebody tell me what on earth Daniel was doing out there today?!? He looked on one leg for most of the game & was clearly hampered.
Disgraceful
He has been hobbling for the last 6 weeks.
What disgrace they chose to rest Prestia who is finished but decided Rioli should play.
He apprantly was limping in the warm up

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Dan's the one asking to play. He's not getting forced to. Just making things worse for himself.

Reactions: 1 user
Dan's the one asking to play. He's not getting forced to. Just making things worse for himself.
That's worse than the club mismanaging him if true. Players have more authority over the club itself? Should never work like that IMO.

Disgraceful
He has been hobbling for the last 6 weeks.
What disgrace they chose to rest Prestia who is finished but decided Rioli should play.
He apprantly was limping in the warm up
He was limping during training this week. He’s been limping as you said for the last 6 weeks.
Can’t work out why he’s been allowed to play.

Reactions: 1 users