Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Pure madness playing Dan.
And if he was saying no I'm right to play, then we need a HIA type protocol and actually take it out of the player's hand.
Risking long term injury and we were not challenging for Finals.
Can understand him wanting to play last week for the send offs but just plain dumb playing today.
Just dumb.
So now can he get his injuries looked at?

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Pure madness playing Dan.
And if he was saying no I'm right to play, then we need a HIA type protocol and actually take it out of the player's hand.
Risking long term injury and we were not challenging for Finals.
Can understand him wanting to play last week for the send offs but just plain dumb playing today.
Just dumb.
So now can he get his injuries looked at?
Agree - madness playing today & I’m assuming he wanted to.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
""He's a superstar. Personally I think he should've been in the All-Australian squad. He's had pretty underrated year," Ash said."

• Love

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Anyone know what Dan has done treatment wise with his damaged ankle off season.? I don't want to see his having to go through 2024 having contiguous pain killing injections to keep him on the park. He is far too valuable

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There's a bit of discussion in another thread about what the best position is for The Prince. The best half-back flanker in the comp.

*Oh, Charlie Cameron would win eight AAs if he played half-back! But he doesn't, because he's too good forward.*

Correct. Charlie Cameron has kicked 360 goals from 202 games. He's topped 50 in a season four times. He's never dipped below 20 in a full season.

I love Daniel Rioli. Most of us do. But he has 103 goals from 160 games. His most productive season in terms of goals was 25 from 25 games in 2017. That's the only year in his career he has kicked more than 17 goals. (His 10 goals from the HBF in 2022 bettered his 9 playing most of the previous season forward.)

The Prince is demonstrably no Charlie Cameron. Neither were Gavin Wanganeen and David Wirrpunda.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There's a bit of discussion in another thread about what the best position is for The Prince. The best half-back flanker in the comp.

*Oh, Charlie Cameron would win eight AAs if he played half-back! But he doesn't, because he's too good forward.*

Correct. Charlie Cameron has kicked 360 goals from 202 games. He's topped 50 in a season four times. He's never dipped below 20 in a full season.

I love Daniel Rioli. Most of us do. But he has 103 goals from 160 games. His most productive season in terms of goals was 25 from 25 games in 2017. That's the only year in his career he has kicked more than 17 goals. (His 10 goals from the HBF in 2022 bettered his 9 playing most of the previous season forward.)

The Prince is demonstrably no Charlie Cameron. Neither were Gavin Wanganeen and David Wirrpunda.
I reckon DRioli's defence is being a bit underrated here too.
He is one of the flashiest, best kick chasing HBFs in the league, possibly the best.
But he has also shown he is a great lock down defender, and can do both roles at the same time. That is a luxury that few teams have.

Having he and Baker as our smalls, along with Vlastuin, and Broad (and hopefully Brown fits the mould too) gives us guys who can rebound with the best of them, while at the same time actually stopping the other team from kicking goals.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I’ve been thinking about how many Daniel Riolis you can fit into a premiership team.

I reckon seventeen of 23. But you need three elite talls. And three elite semi talls. I’m thinking three Tom J Lynches and three Dylan Grimeses. Maybe three Brayden Maynards given that Grimes might be GONE.

As a stock type Daniel Rioli is the prefect footballer imo.

BTW I don’t think Daniel is a midfielder as such. I just think a side full of The Prince is supreme on the outside and that is enough.

You win the outnumber all game. Win the outnumber - win the game. See Collingwood 2023. Or many Richmond sides.

The outnumber.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Daniel Rioli =Shane Edwards. He should be given the opportunity to play Shane role ........

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
According to caesar's training reports Daniel hasn't done much work. Obviously he's been an important player for us for many years now. Hope that troublesome foot/ankle isn't an ongoing problem but given the amount of work he's missed it's probably going to impact his season to a degree already.:confused:

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
According to caesar's training reports Daniel hasn't done much work. Obviously he's been an important player for us for many years now. Hope that troublesome foot/ankle isn't an ongoing problem but given the amount of work he's missed it's probably going to impact his season to a degree already.:confused:
I'm no medico, but last season game after game he seemed to go down then play out the game.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Very quiet thread this one.

Think Daniel's had a poor pre-season. Game wise anyway.

Does he look a bit heavy? and not running on top of the ground yet like he can.

Has plenty of credits and will hopefully flick a switch once the real stuff starts.

As one of the few that can really put the opposition on the back foot with pace and skill he's in the top handful of important players in our squad.

Ita crucial he's at his best.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Has plenty of credits and will hopefully flick a switch once the real stuff starts.

As one of the few that can really put the opposition on the back foot with pace and skill he's in the top handful of important players in our squad.

He started off like a house on fire. First half ok. Then dropped out during the second half.

Does look a tad heavier.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I think hes using too much caffeinated shampoo,

And struggling to relax.

Looked great in the first qtr (alot of em did)

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
They are slaughtering him because he is the only one with genuine pace but also is a good defender. Needs a stint on the wing now and again so can be a bit more one way or he’s going to get injured.

Reactions: 1 users