Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Also, I know it’s crazy and radical and I’ll profess, without reservation that I am not and have never been a ‘medical professional’ be it nurse, doctor or anethesyst. I have some experience consuming pharmaceutical products as prescribed by such professionals, under strict supervision you understand, regardless of Brian Eno’s musical influence. I have also at time submitted to the scalpel and surgical angle grinder when required but I must stress, this does not and has not imparted any surgical qualification by osmosis, diffusion or psychic spillage. At this point I should also mention that I have observed a friend and colleague who is a qualified vet sewing up my dog’s ass on the kitchen table. At times he was also inclined to remove large fishing hooks from my hand due to my over exuberant Barra handling. Again this does not qualify me in any way to make medical related judgements or prognosis’s.

Nor would I label a medical professional or derivative professional ie ‘sports scientist’ with such derogatory terms such as ‘the butcher of punt road’ or ‘hamstring Harry’ etc. as I have and never will be a scientist or sports scientist and lack any such qualification and the implied professional ability to speculate on recovery times and conditioning as applied to elite sports people.

In short, I do not, would not stand up in a plane when the call goes out for a doctor. In fact I’m am likely to place both hands firmly under my untorn hamstrings and discretely allow said professionals to perform their solemn duty on said stroke or varicose vein victims without bearing the burden of my weighty gaze.

So why not give him 2 quarters in the VFL to get some game time before chucking him in for a full game at breakneck pace. Old school I know know but *smile* me dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What happened to the old days where players would come back thru the "two's" and play limited minutes to make sure they are right to go when they come back into the "ones".
I really hope they do this with Dion.
They played Prestia after a 5 day break, he will miss half the season and why wouldn't they just give another 2 weeks to fully recover.
I feel sorry for the bloke because he is quality but his body let's him down.

Reactions: 3 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
What happened to the old days where players would come back thru the "two's" and play limited minutes to make sure they are right to go when they come back into the "ones".
I really hope they do this with Dion.
Yeh the step up to a full midfield game is too much. Particularly given our gut run game style. But who are we but hacks on the sidelines with nought skin in the game but the fore?

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It’s an absolute mess. Feel for Hopper. Feel for Yze. The scans comment is fascinating. Will get pulled apart.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I really hope they do this with Dion
we're the only club that doesn't do that.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Tight strapping to Hoppers knee may have contributed to his hamstring injury
You can’t make this *smile* up I swear our medical staff is headed by this guy
Mad Mr Bean GIF by Working Title

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
It’s a shame because he certainly makes a difference when he’s had a run of games. To anyone saying offload him is dreaming as no one else will take on the risk. He’s with us for a long time.

Hopefully new conditioning staff will be in place for next season and we can get some return for this trade.
Rubbish. Cats would jump at him at a discounted price and they'd get him right too. Make us pay twice.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Esp
They played Prestia after a 5 day break, he will miss half the season and why wouldn't they just give another 2 weeks to fully recover.
I feel sorry for the bloke because he is quality but his body let's him down.
Especially on hard mid march grounds.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I cannot understand why people are calling for him to get traded out.
He choose us. He is us. We should look after him and get him 100%.

Reactions: 16 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Yes got to admit ,smart posters were onto this early and it's a thuking disgrace, I will say it again,
Tigers 107 million
Geelkarnts 69 million
No excuses anymore.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
He said we’re “having trouble with our scans n stuff”.

What the hell that means I have no idea.
It means the scans “and stuff” are coming back with bad news and players are ruled out for weeks.

Watching the press conference, that’s how I read it.

Reactions: 6 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008

Is it a snipe at our re injured players guys come back,then out super quick,it's got to have yze question our whole medical area.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
His last two halves of games have been very good for the half he's played them against the Blues and against the Dees.

Cracked in and really impacted.

Shame.

You can see its getting to him.

Reactions: 6 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014

Maybe someone at the clinic has been swapping the scans with magic eye posters?

(I’ve never been able to make sense of them myself)

Could explain the confusion they’ve been having.

IMG_4224.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user