Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Shorts not playing for peanuts.
It could involve another club as either a 3 party deal or as a separate trade but then using that pick as part of the GWS deal.

The options are wider than just which of our players GWS might be interested in

Reactions: 1 user
It could involve another club as either a 3 party deal or as a separate trade but then using that pick as part of the GWS deal.

The options are wider than just which of our players GWS might be interested in
Short is very popular amongst the group.
Culture killer.

Reactions: 9 users
It would be a pretty ordinary act by the club to trade Short after committing 5 years to him, Short saying he loves the club and wanted to stay and be part of the next era and then the club turning turtle in less than 12 months.

Don’t think that’s how we operate.

Reactions: 24 users
It would be a pretty ordinary act by the club to trade Short after committing 5 years to him, Short saying he loves the club and wanted to stay and be part of the next era and then the club turning turtle in less than 12 months.

It’s definitely not how we operate. Short or Baker will not be traded.

If any players are traded it’s those who want more opportunity eg George.

Reactions: 6 users
It’s definitely not how we operate. Short or Baker will not be traded.

If any players are traded it’s those who want more opportunity eg George.
George is the one that I feel could be in a bind as he has a guaranteed 2023 at the RFC but his future looks to be very limited at the RFC unless something turns on its head next season for him.

He has been rapidly usurped by a crop of juniors namely Moju, Cumberland and Sonsie. Clarke too will be preferred going forward, then is the wild card in Stack.

Might be in George's long term best interest to try and snag 3 years elsewhere.

With the wind shift at the end of this season and George having juniors preferred to him and him losing his incumbency, I cannot see George getting 2 or 3 more years at the RFC, and it's not often a triple premiership player at George's age would have that said of them.

Martyn is delisted for sure; Aarts might try elsewhere but would be very handy to be kept on as a VFL player if possible.

RCD might be on the table same for Hugo, I could see the GWS possibly looking at one of those two.

Reactions: 2 users
Fwiw AFL Tonight reporting that we’ve made a bigger offer to Hopper than Geelong have. No other details but almost a resignation by Zeets that Hopper is also off to Richmond.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Fwiw AFL Tonight reporting that we’ve made a bigger offer to Hopper than Geelong have. No other details but almost a resignation by Zeets that Hopper is also off to Richmond.
Who's Zeets?

It makes sense in a football sense but not a human one.

Tine for the "Its Happening" Ron Paul Gif

Last edited:
While trading a player who doesn't want out isn't our thing, the opportunity to recruit to young gun midfielders, immediately putting us back into the Premiership window, doesn't come around that often.

Reactions: 1 users
George is the one that I feel could be in a bind as he has a guaranteed 2023 at the RFC but his future looks to be very limited at the RFC unless something turns on its head next season for him.

He has been rapidly usurped by a crop of juniors namely Moju, Cumberland and Sonsie. Clarke too will be preferred going forward, then is the wild card in Stack.

Might be in George's long term best interest to try and snag 3 years elsewhere.

With the wind shift at the end of this season and George having juniors preferred to him and him losing his incumbency, I cannot see George getting 2 or 3 more years at the RFC, and it's not often a triple premiership player at George's age would have that said of them.

Martyn is delisted for sure; Aarts might try elsewhere but would be very handy to be kept on as a VFL player if possible.

RCD might be on the table same for Hugo, I could see the GWS possibly looking at one of those two.
Disagree on this. He is still in our best 22. While not a success in the midfield he has been good off half back and deeper, and remains our best at kicking in.
Won’t be traded. The possibility will not even be raised.

Disagree on this. He is still in our best 22. While not a success in the midfield he has been good off half back and deeper, and remains our best at kicking in.
Won’t be traded. The possibility will not even be raised.
I'm talkin bout George Man!

Me thinks you are talking about Jayden. :mhihi

• Haha