Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

He must be a great golfer because every kick is a chip shot.
His kicks go really high.
Nice forward handpass to set Shai up but as others have stated doesn't do enough.
I’ve noticed that as well. Can’t seem to kick it with a flat trajectory. A pass to a team mate in 3rd quarter went out of bounds because kicked it too high.

Pickett was always going to lose his halo as the grinder that is the step up to AFL level became his reality.

Essentially he is a first year player who does some nice things but is learning how to get up to the pace and endurance and how to impact.

This hub will be important for him as our injuries/missing will allow him to get a number of games.

Reactions: 1 users
I am truly astonished at the negativity on Pickett.

astonished.

His first half he was tagging Kennedy, Parker and Heeney.

Heeney was battered and scared. Kennedys career is over.

then in the 3rd, Dimma unleashed him and he was our best player for that quarter.

I had Marlion in our best for super tough 4 quarter game

I think without him, we may have lost to a very *smile* side.

if you think m.pickett isn't in our best 22, then I'm afraid you and I have nothing to discuss

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I was unsure of what to make of his game but will defer to Ezy’s post above. If he tagged Parker then hats off to Marlion as Parker was worse than Dusty

astonished.

then in the 3rd, Dimma unleashed him and he was our best player for that quarter.

if you think m.pickett isn't in our best 22, then I'm afraid you and I have nothing to discuss

Im with you mate, cant believe some of the negativity

Reactions: 5 users
Im with you mate, cant believe some of the negativity

On the drive home last night, late after id processed the rum,

I spent an hour contemplating who is the more rugged man,

Marlion or Broady.

I dunno? I cant pickett.

Broady would make a helluva Noongar I reckon

Reactions: 1 user
On the drive home last night, late after id processed the rum,

I spent an hour contemplating who is the more rugged man,

Marlion or Broady.

I dunno? I cant pickett.

Broady would make a helluva Noongar I reckon
My man was great & would be in top 5 BnF I reckon.

I texted him last week LOL'ing at his finger, he larfed

My man was great & would be in top 5 BnF I reckon.

I texted him last week LOL'ing at his finger, he larfed

Broady would be top 5 for sure.

with his mates Love Machine and Grimesy

and Cotchy and I dunno?

*smile* Broady works hard and his energy last night was 2nd to none.

He played like he was the captain in a do or die situation,

unlike the captain .

All as neurotic types have been missing out on the wise words of those at the ground with the whole game perspective. When you put Picketts game in perspective it was a good game. I had just read the abc article about poor camera/comentary work on the ‘footy media love em or..’ thread and was happy pull back a bit. I think need a spotter on site every game.

Reactions: 2 users

astonished.

You still have to find the footy Ezy. 1 disposal to half time aint going to cut it.

And I dont think Hardwick has played a tagger since Tim Flemming.

You still have to find the footy Ezy. 1 disposal to half time aint going to cut it.

And I dont think Hardwick has played a tagger since Tim Flemming.

Your in the old normal.

Covid footy a coach has to be able to kill all semblance of entertaining footy in an instant. Turn it into a *smile* dour soccer circus

Buckleys to blame.

Taggers are in fashion.

Ironically, in the alana morrisettr way, alex rance would have been perfrct at covid footy

Your in the old normal.

Covid footy a coach has to be able to kill all semblance of entertaining footy in an instant. Turn it into a *smile* dour soccer circus

Buckleys to blame.

Taggers are in fashion.

Ironically, in the alana morrisettr way, alex rance would have been perfrct at covid footy
I agree Buckley is to blam, started it last year when he got the Pies to play soccer against us. Didn't do it in the later round, but that's maybe because he thought he'd be tricky, or was just embarrassed by the spectacle. Now all teams are doing, and it stops our quick game.

Marlion , I think despite his auspicious first game, is still finding his feet. It was after all AFL game no. 5 for him, 5 games played over a very disruptive time. Yesterdays game was quite possibly one of the worst performed at AFL level (not Marlions game THE game) so I almost disregard everyone’s performance yesterday and move on.

Reactions: 6 users
Takes to long to get rid of the ball, gets away with it now and then but it is not a trait that will stand up to AFL.

I thought he was decent given the garbage game. He might have only had 1 disposal in the first half, but he kept Parker quiet and flattened Heeney, Clarke and McLean, before becoming productive in the second half.

Was fined $1,000 for his bump on Heeney. Marlion not really in the best financial position to be fined too often you wouldn't think

I thought he was decent given the garbage game. He might have only had 1 disposal in the first half, but he kept Parker quiet and flattened Heeney, Clarke and McLean, before becoming productive in the second half.

This. Sometimes you’ll struggle to find the ball. But that doesn’t stop you putting the hurt on chumps.

That wanker running the show doesn't care about that stuff.
I need to watch the vision again but I thought there was zero high contact. I think he hit him fair and square shoulder to shoulder. Heeney’s head jolted but not from high contact from what I recall. I specifically looked for it in the replay. If that’s the case let’s contest it against Anti-Football League. Are they saying that any bump or tackle that a player lays onto any part of another player’s body that causes the head to holt, nod, bobble, move off its neutral axis is now deemed high contact and illegal??
I am starting to think that soccer is more physical and exciting than the remnants of our beloved game. Physical because you can bump an opponent off the ball and more exciting because I can see similar goal scores in a shorter game time.

Anyone got any vision?? Maybe I am wrong but I deadset thought it was shoulder to shoulder contact.