Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Thought Pickett had a good game playing on the wing His tackles/bumps are brutal

Reactions: 1 users
His disposal is seriously woeful and takes forever to dispose of the ball.

Improved as the game went along but from a very low base.

Reactions: 1 user
He fumbled and missed targets, but so did most of our players. Got better as the game went on, fierce in the last.

Reactions: 2 users
There was a play on the wing where it flowed through a few hands. The last handball went to him and I literally groaned, just before he kicked it straight to the opposition. It's hard to carry a guy so fumbly and so poor with the footy in his hands, regardless of his defensive work rate and toughness. I think he'll stay in the team, he's lucky there are no other options.

Reactions: 1 user
For me it’s a bit like Aarts and George in the forward line , you can only play one , same for me with Pickett and Kmac and in both cases one is a lot better then the other. I have no doubt we played Caddy in front of Pickett early because we wanted to ad attack to our wings, fact is Caddy’s not a wingman and it doesn’t look like we have a kid that is either.

I'd really like to see Pickett used right in at the contest. From what I saw of him at WAFL level, that is where he thrives.

I think tonight he could have been thrown into the middle for extended periods of time.

We got smacked in contested ball tonight. We need to see if Pickett can help us out in the middle.

Reactions: 5 users
He fumbled and missed targets, but so did most of our players. Got better as the game went on, fierce in the last.
If he could kick he”d be a top 10 tiger. And a top 50 player for Robbo. His tackles are brutal. He hurt at least 4 port players simply with his aggression. The wing is his spot he gets access to hurt more opposition players there.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
A very good thought Streak.
No doubt Marlion is prone to the odd error but he’s also capable of creating, breaking lines with sharp angle change & is hard as nails.
More midfield time could be a good move.

Pickett remains an enigma on the footy field
He joins Castagna, Rioli and McIntosh.

Teams are trying to dissect us with free flowing uncontested bruise free football. The AFL are helping them. For this they need time and space.

Pickett, Rioli, Geoge and KMac eat time and space for breakfast.

They are the kryptonite to our challengers.

Don't worry about what they do with the ball. Just close your eyes.

Appreciate what the space invaders do without the ball.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pickett remains an enigma on the footy field

no doubt.

we are the most enigmatic footy side the world has known.
No doubt Marlion is prone to breaking lines with sharp angle change

Id describe enigma George's direction change as sharp and angular

I think enigma Marlion's moves are more balletic.

he's kind of Kate Bush to George's Peter Garrett

Last edited:
Had a real impact in the centre clearances since moving into the rucking role.
I think he might like being in the guts where the much of the action relies on instinct.