Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
He didn’t look right mentally, seemed to have the yips with basic skills ,

Was dropped early in piece last year before coming good again ,

The same thing might be on the cards

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Covers the ground better than Caddy who looked spent in the third quarter, put Marlion back on the wing.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I am an unabashed fan but also recognise he has had a bit of a patchy pre-season and clearly selecting Caddy ahead of him was delivering a message.
His kicking to (short) targets can be average and that was on show in R1; probably why he can tend to favour the longer kick for territory.
But like all of our slightly rusty components last Thursday (with a few notable exceptions), he will get better.
What shouldn't be underestimated is what a hard bugger he is.
The closing speed and hammering tackles, and the backing back into on-coming traffic in space between the arcs, are bloody courageous and so important.
Last Thursday it looked like the on-coming steam train in a Blues guernsey was more worried about Marlion backing back than the other way around.
Pickett doesn't think twice or flinch, which is a contrast with his R1 replacement and the bloke who went off to the Suns after 2019.
His book gives some insights into how the flint-like attitude was forged.
Looking forward to seeing him at improved fitness in time for our game v Port.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
His kicking is a concern. I don’t know what it is. He looks like should be a good kick but he really isn’t. Hurts us with his inability to kick to advantage.

Has some great qualities so if he could improve his kicking could be real top liner.

Reactions: 4 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
His kicking is a concern. I don’t know what it is. He looks like should be a good kick but he really isn’t. Hurts us with his inability to kick to advantage.

Has some great qualities so if he could improve his kicking could be real top liner.
his decision making can be a bit off too

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

He's a terrible kick. Often finds it hard to hit a target even under no pressure. I agree he does sone great things, particularly defensively. Definitely one fighting for his position.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
take Marlion out of the team and we lose a vital cog / role player. covers a lot of ground which ultimately means pressure on the opposition.
there's nobody else like him, yet.
sure some of his kicking is too relaxed, but others today were as bad if not worse.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well summed up. Plays a valuable role.

Role or not, with Houli and Vlaustin in the wings he’s right on the fringe. I was an advocate for him getting a game in round 1, but his ball use and decision making has been absolutely shocking. He’s out of form big time and has been for a while.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Role or not, with Houli and Vlaustin in the wings he’s right on the fringe. Ball use has been absolutely shocking.
Caddy's struggles will help him but he's not an automatic selection

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Dunno who it was, but he put on one of the pointiest bone blocks on some poor Hawks bloke about 25 out direct in front of their goal... it was brutal and beautiful all in one. The man does seriously cover some ground

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Caddy's struggles will help him but he's not an automatic selection

Well, it’s true that we are struggling on the wings. Kaps is going ok but Caddy and Marlion are iffy and there’s not a lot that we can call on within the list to replace them - especially Marlion who runs better than Caddy. So yes, Caddy may save Marlion’s bacon. For now.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
My sea saw love affair of Marlion has got a big big fat kid on the other end of it now, I’m seeing more negative then positive now, 100% want Jack Ross in the team in front of him and I dont care the exact role , our hole team if full of hard nuts , we won’t miss what Marlion ads atm

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users