Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Marlion is coasting. He finds motivation very challenging until September.

But if we are discussing a bottom 4 in March,

I'd have Caddy, Rioli, Marlion, Aarts in there.

I tried to find a bottom 6, but its too hard.

a bottom anything in March is irrelevant anyway.

I shouldnt even have hit post reply

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Marlion is coasting. He finds motivation very challenging until September.

But if we are discussing a bottom 4 in March,

I'd have Caddy, Rioli, Marlion, Aarts in there.

I tried to find a bottom 6, but its too hard.

a bottom anything in March is irrelevant anyway.

I shouldnt even have hit post reply
Strange one is Marlion.
Seems to be playing VFL / WAFL level footy at the moment, just doesn't seem to be comfortable with the skills n clean handling required at AFL heat n tempo sometimes.
Then the bugger turns around n plays old fashioned hard arse footy around loose n incoming ball, bowls over opponents n makes them look over the shoulder hoping he's nowhere nearby planning to do damage.

Could simply be that the whole side looks a little rusty early in the season. Might just be a result of a shortened pre season n stupid rule changes that the boys are still trying to adapt to. Still winning while playing ugly n plenty of time to get some polishing done before the serious end of the season

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
They’d be my 4 too Ezzzzy , though I still like Caddy in the 22 over a few others , tell ya what if your a young cub I.e Ross, Dow, RCD , Hugo and ya smash the door down in the VFL , they’ll be an opportunity there this year .

As Taz pointed out today it is important to have something for the concussion, however the sub rule is dead set crapI.e Jack Ross for pure injury

Just on MP ive never seen a player like him , he is Burgoyne skilled one minute, next his Tim FleMing, then his D Kellaway like attack on the ball, then his Cale Morton like...I know what he adds , I just think we have a few options that with a few games under the belt may be a better overall weapon

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Plays his best footy on the wing. Covers the ground and gets back defensively. Where he struggles is when he starts in the back 50. He easily loses his opponent and struggles to read the ball coming in.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If he's playing on a wing, then he's probably best 22.

If playing half back then he's a liability and not best 22 in the slightest.

Its wing or bust for me.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I don’t care how good his pressure is. His skills are woeful and he should play 2s until he learns to tackle properly.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Pickett isn’t a backman His position is on the wing Play him there

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Think it was the 2nd quarter, reckon a 30 second passage of play summed him up, firstly an absolute insipid efoort 15out from goal , followed by an outstanding effort an turnover on the wing .

Hes just a depth player for me now , not best 23

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I didn't think he was anywhere near our worst.
With KMac out he's unlikely to be dropped vs Port but at some point he's got to be looked at in terms of holding development back.
He's too patchy. Best is great but geez it can look bad too.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
I hold my breath when he is in defensive 50.
Liable for a silly free or turnover.
Put him on a wing pushing fwd.