Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

appeal - play the prior goings on and show him getting clipped. show Brisbane being knobs all night long ..

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think its absolutely outrageous,

a week for running back and clothes lining a bloke.

But how about Bruce concussing Grimes with that action?

Marlion was terrible on Saturday night, a week off to reflect on his composure in D50 won't do him any harm.

as long as we replace him with a prospect like Stack or Dow, or a tough wily warhorse; like for like caddy.

and dont hand out cute vanilla smiley star stamps to plodding VFL kids who aren't gonna make it.

• Angry
I dont think its absolutely outrageous,

a week for running back and clothes lining a bloke.

But how about Bruce concussing Grimes with that action?

Marlion was terrible on Saturday night, a week off to reflect on his composure in D50 won't do him any harm.

as long as we replace him with a prospect like Stack or Dow, or a tough wily warhorse; like for like caddy.

and dont hand out cute vanilla smiley star stamps to plodding VFL kids who aren't gonna make it.
Grimes one was far worse imo.

Grimes one was far worse imo.

totally.

but its open season on Tiger's heads.

all anyone wants is consistency.

actually, if the umps consistently gave sides 10 frees a quarter,

the game would actually be unwatchable

totally.

but its open season on Tiger's heads.

all anyone wants is consistency.

actually, if the umps consistently gave sides 10 frees a quarter,

the game would actually be unwatchable
What's weird is when I watch VFL games I always feel it is so much more consistently umpired. Wonder if that's just a perception.

Reactions: 3 users
What's weird is when I watch VFL games I always feel it is so much more consistently umpired. Wonder if that's just a perception.
Nah. They just umpire the game as it unfolds n let them play footy. AFL umpires on the other hand, have a duty to impose their imprimatur on the game and over officiate the insignificant while ignoring the blatantly obvious.
Pretty sure the VFL umps aren't miked up either so you don't hear them screaming and yelling instructions at everyone within a 500 metre radiance.

Nah. They just umpire the game as it unfolds n let them play footy. AFL umpires on the other hand, have a duty to impose their imprimatur on the game and over officiate the insignificant while ignoring the blatantly obvious.
Pretty sure the VFL umps aren't miked up either so you don't hear them screaming and yelling instructions at everyone within a 500 metre radiance.
Miking them up was a massive mistake. I think umpiring would improve if they removed that.

I watched a NAB league game today and I had some skin in the game.

Our side got spanked.

it was umpired really, really well.

I was aware of 2 poor decisions in 4 quarters. they paid all manner of free-kick in a minimalist way (put the whistle away for all but dogs-balls), consistently and accurately. the game flowed really well and was enjoyable

If I allocate the u19's umpiring I watched today (3rd division umps?) a score of 8/10,

the 1st div last night gets a 2/10.

I don't think its perception. heaps of neutrals are feeling the same - not that they are systematically victimised, that's a bit of a Richmond thing,

but that the rules and the quality of umpiring in the big league is a debacle.

Reactions: 3 users

Our side got spanked.

I was aware of 2 poor decisions in 4 quarters. they paid all manner of free-kick in a minimalist way (put the whistle away for all but dogs-balls), consistently and accurately. the game flowed really well and was enjoyable

If I allocate the u19's umpiring I watched today (3rd division umps?) a score of 8/10,

I don't think its perception. heaps of neutrals are feeling the same - not that they are systematically victimised, that's a bit of a Richmond thing,

From what you see, is because AFL players try to win free kicks while players in the lower leagues just play?

E.g. the way Mathieson shrugged to create that high free kick when Grimes tackled him.

Are those manufacturing attempts not being made in lower levels or are umpires just calling play on if it happens?

Reactions: 1 users

Our side got spanked.

Just need to look at the more dominant sides of the last decade Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood and Sydney none of them were stitched by the umps like we are.