Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Why do people see Marlin as a defensive midfielder?

He didn’t play that role in the WAFL. He played in the middle, could play inside and out, but in particular had a penchant for moving forward with the footy and kicking long goals.

I’d get him in there and tell him to just do his thing.
I don’t really get this defensive or offensive mid thing when when we are talking about the centre clearance. The best way to stop opposition centre clearances is to get the ball imo

Reactions: 3 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
By defensive mid fielder referring to the role that Hewitt is playing for Carlton tonight
Defensive side of the bounce. Holds distance and reacts to the situation
I reckon Pickett would be excellent at this role and opposition times get fewer easier clearances

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
From memory Joel Bowden didnt mind the odd baulk, probs one of the most notable baulkers of recent.

The Bowden special 2 or 3 baulk goal a cracker.

Reactions: 3 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
From memory Joel Bowden didnt mind the odd baulk, probs one of the most notable baulkers of recent.

The Bowden special 2 or 3 baulk goal a cracker.
The Saints game that we won and their idiot coach said they were the better team I reckon he did four in a row before slotting a goal.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I don’t really get this defensive or offensive mid thing when when we are talking about the centre clearance. The best way to stop opposition centre clearances is to get the ball imo
That's exactly what the Bullfrogs tried to do in the 3rd last year.
The more they tried to win the ball the more open they were when they didn't win the clearance

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The Saints game that we won and their idiot coach said they were the better team I reckon he did four in a row before slotting a goal.
To be fair to Grant Thomas he was probably right, they won the next 10 times or so times against us

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
gotta.

Marlion in the guts 80%, George onto the wing.

its a bit of a no brainer I reckon

Maybe thats where MRJ comes into the equation. Play him as a small, Castagna onto a wing, Marlion into the guts.

Agree I'd like to see it, he is easily the toughest player in our team (and we have a few).

BTW - reckon you've gone soft with him only breaking Whitfields ribs, what about the other 21?? :D

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe thats where MRJ comes into the equation. Play him as a small, Castagna onto a wing, Marlion into the guts.

Agree I'd like to see it, he is easily the toughest player in our team (and we have a few).

BTW - reckon you've gone soft with him only breaking Whitfields ribs, what about the other 21?? :D

ill be surprised if MRJ comes in - looks way off it too me?

we need 3 to replace dusty? jack and Dion.

Kmac is a lock. if its speed and muscle we want - think then it would be Parker and Melee?

if it a bit of inside class, Dow

Reactions: 1 user