Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
Another inside mid we’ve turned into a flanker. Dont understand Dimma’s obsession with this.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
He needs to play as the defensive midfielder at centre bounces With his hardness the easy centre clearances reduce dramatically
Clearly our best this week

Reactions: 4 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Ultra competitive and totally committed. One of my favourite players to watch when he's on.

Loved that contest where he was taken to ground for a ball up, the opposition fought to rip the ball from his arms to give to the umpire, squashing him, and Marlion's competitive instincts kicked in, turning him into an unstoppable force willing to fight to the death.

I smiled right away. The Carlton bloke had no chance.
You certainly would want Marlion on your side in a battle as you know he gives all

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
You certainly would want Marlion on your side in a battle as you know he gives all
Certainly want him to be one of the first selected each week too, instead of him possibly only getting a game because KMac was injured.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Certainly want him to be one of the first selected each week too, instead of him possibly only getting a game because KMac was injured.
I think he's staying in the seniors for a while after Thursday night was one of a handful that stood up.

Lacks some polish but not endeavour, he is still in my best side for the Tigers.

Aarts, Ross are not.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He needs to play as the defensive midfielder at centre bounces With his hardness the easy centre clearances reduce dramatically
Clearly our best this week

I really like him on the wing, and moving him from there might mean Ross stays on the wing which is not good. But Marlion in the middle at centre bounces, sounds like a damned good idea to me. Those easy exits from the middle to Carlton would not have been so easy.

Time to give it a go . . . in fact, time to give it a go was about half way through the last quarter on Thursday. We clearly needed to stop the massacre we were getting at centre bounces so why not try the player who was in the best form on the night.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I really like him on the wing, and moving him from there might mean Ross stays on the wing which is not good. But Marlion in the middle at centre bounces, sounds like a damned good idea to me. Those easy exits from the middle to Carlton would not have been so easy.
Maybe Grover might be back to take a Wing spot and release Ross ?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Maybe Grover might be back to take a Wing spot and release Ross ?

Yeah, but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Marlion in the middle when the tide is against us. Put him there as a defensive mid to make it harder for the opposition.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Why do people see Marlin as a defensive midfielder?

He didn’t play that role in the WAFL. He played in the middle, could play inside and out, but in particular had a penchant for moving forward with the footy and kicking long goals.

I’d get him in there and tell him to just do his thing.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra

He didn’t play that role in the WAFL. He played in the middle, could play inside and out, but in particular had a penchant for moving forward with the footy and kicking long goals.

I don’t care whether it’s Marlin or someone else but we need someone to help stop the opposition mids when they get on a role. Balta or Broad might be worth a shot. It’s seems we don’t have a plan b.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

OK, put him there as an attacking mid. I think the notion of Marlion as a defensive mid is because he is very good in a defensive role and would be effective.

I just reckon it is worth a try having Marlion in the middle at times.

DS

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I don’t care whether it’s Marlin or someone else but we need someone to help stop the opposition mids when they get on a role. Balta or Broad might be worth a shot. It’s seems we don’t have a plan b.
I’m confident ourrucks will provide much better service in the future , nank out of 7day iso less than 24h earlier and soldo first up both will have a large say in a better clearance and contested performance in coming weeks.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I’m confident ourrucks will provide much better service in the future , nank out of 7day iso less than 24h earlier and soldo first up both will have a large say in a better clearance and contested performance in coming weeks.

I agree that both were underdone, then again, underdone in Round 1 is good timing.

I bloody hope you are right.

DS