Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep, but it is hypocrisy at its finest.

Marlion misses a dream time game as an indigenous player who designed the jumper his club will wear.
Not the first time it has happened before, Varcoe not only designed their indigenous jumper but his sister also tragically died in lead up week I think, club appealed but suspension stood.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I just googled it, it's a hard one I think because he actually has the ball and then when he releases Higgins is there, so it's not like he has run him down or anything. I'm not sure he really bumps either, I think he holds right back. If I was in the chair I'd probably say ok but if he got a week I could also understand.
i dont reckon it was a suspension, but he did move into Higgins, choosing to bump. it doesnt look high. but Higgins was concussed.
so he chose to bump and it could have been high (inconclusive). sounds familiar to me.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yep, but it is hypocrisy at its finest.

Marlion misses a dream time game as an indigenous player who designed the jumper his club will wear.
Even moreso, when Marlion's image is ging used on website banner ads promoting the game.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
i dont reckon it was a suspension, but he did move into Higgins, choosing to bump. it doesnt look high. but Higgins was concussed.
so he chose to bump and it could have been high (inconclusive). sounds familiar to me.
I'm happy to be corrected here, but I believe StKilda has declared that Higgins was potentially concussed in an earlier marking contest.
My question to that scenario is why is he still on the ground?

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
i think the club should wear our 2022 indigenous jumper next week too .....when Marlion is playing ..........us against them ..take a real stand against them ......free Marlion!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
i think the club should wear our 2022 indigenous jumper next week too .....when Marlion is playing ..........us against them ..take a real stand against them ......free Marlion!!!
As has been mentioned previously, I believe that's a given for most clubs... One home game, one away.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we wear it again in WA later in the year.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
As has been mentioned previously, I believe that's a given for most clubs... One home game, one away.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if we wear it again in WA later in the year.
Most clubs wear their indigenous jumper for multiple games during the year. I’m sure Marlion will get a chance to don it in a game. WA would be ideal.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
really liked the way Neil Balme spoke about Marlion not being able to play this weekend ..

and using it as a segue into the AFLs decision making processes ...

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
really liked the way Neil Balme spoke about Marlion not being able to play this weekend ..

At least he has a voice. Pretty much said the rules were stupid.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Can we expect him to be fined by the AFL?

• Haha

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Incarceration would be their ideal discipline method is my guess.
I wish them good luck with that. Balmey might be getting a bit long in the tooth but I doubt those clowns at afl hq have the wood on him.
Balmey doesn’t bluff. He’ll just bash em and smile one look from him and the afl gestapo would *smile* themselves

• Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Loved it too!

Gave them a ‘drive by ‘ comment when asked about the possibility of Brendan Gale being or should be considered for the AFL top job and their stupid rules.

Also basically reiterated what Hardwick said about Dusty.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Did anyone see what Eddie M said about Pickett?

Will be on Footy Classified tonight.

I got the end of the interview on Ch 9 and he said Pickett shouldn’t have been suspended. It was a fair bump.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
The Age reporting Marlion has been given permission to take part in pre-game ‘celebrations’.

What a bloody insult. I’d tell them to get stuffed if I was Marlion.

Rubbed out for a perfect hip and shoulder. No head contact and no injury so no report. A crock.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users