Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

What’s incredible is that no matter what part of his body he hits you with it hurts. Marlion is hard all over. Some have been great exponents of the hip and shoulder - Byron. Others are brute tacklers - Nank. But Marlion just hits with his whole body - sometimes arm, sometimes hip, sometimes front on - and just hurts guys. For a guy his size it’s amazing. Might be the hardest player in history.

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't seen it either. Jon Ralph as always crapping on about it on twitter.
I've seen it now and it looked like he palmed him less forcefully than what Bailey had done to him first. Bizarre injury, but if you're going to suspend this then every contact in the game can cause suspension.

Reactions: 3 users
Has looked uncharacteristically rattled last few weeks.

Did some risky, undisciplined stuff today

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if people have seen the afl article on Bailey? Seems the bump not the push was the problem. Then a nice little throw away line about the MRO! Watched the replay and surely nothing to see there - seemed quite innocuous.

Has looked uncharacteristically rattled last few weeks.

Did some risky, undisciplined stuff today
Went flying through a pack in the backline at one point and I’m bloody glad he didn’t make contact with anyone. It looked like he had lined someone up for death.

I love Marlion but he's been off for a few weeks and had an outright stinker yesterday.

But I want him in the side and will back him to return to his best against Port.

Reactions: 1 users
I love Marlion but he's been off for a few weeks and had an outright stinker yesterday.

But I want him in the side and will back him to return to his best against Port.
yeah he's had a poor month. Particularly bad against North, abysmal.

He's got be more disciplined. That crude tackle on Robinson in that part of the ground at that time in the game was inexcusable. It could have lost us the game
That tackle happened in an instant. It was a reflex action to thrust the arm out. From my viewpoint it didnt look intentional, just a "football act".

Needs to mind a happy medium between top 5 B&F type form and the last 2-3 games. Drop him v Post, perhaps not. You would think he would be doing everything to extend his career into his early 30s.

I reckon he know more is expected. Pencil him in for a big game at AO v Port sat night.

Robinson lowered himself, should have been play on under the new interpretation.

Reactions: 4 users
Went flying through a pack in the backline at one point and I’m bloody glad he didn’t make contact with anyone. It looked like he had lined someone up for death.
saw that, i wondered if he might have other plans next Saturday night that dont include playing for the Tiges!

Got Marlion belting them and Junior catching them, just need Junior catching them for Marlion.

His form has dropped off since the start of the season.
I had him in my top 3 before the bye now in the bottom 6

Pickett has been charged with Engaging in Rough Conduct against Rhys Mathieson, Brisbane Lions, during the third quarter of the Round 20 match between Richmond and the Brisbane Lions played at the MCG on Sunday 31 July, 2022.

In summary, the player can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

Picketts playing for nothing all his money going to afl

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
How much money this year? Feel for the guy as I’m sure these (after tax?) hits are adding up. If he is on 200k he may have lost 15% after tax - hopefully it’s more than that.

How much money this year? Feel for the guy as I’m sure these (after tax?) hits are adding up. If he is on 200k he may have lost 15% after tax - hopefully it’s more than that.
That’s the reason I feel he’s off his game
He’s become a target for MRP
Are they trying to kick him out of the game because he plays tough

Reactions: 5 users