Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
MP has been poor for a few games. Is it from being thrown around in different positions, being a bit unsure of using his physicality?
Or just simply out of form?
Somethings not quite right with him atm

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
If we're going to play him to 100 games in this form, then his kids must be something special.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Why did we move him from the wing?

He hasn't thrived with the change. Maybe he is playing forward to cover the lack of defensive running of Jack and Cotch?
I think to give Ross a go on the wing
Both.

We have no forward line atm. So our mids' options are to kick it to Aliir Aliir, go round the cape, or try to look for a better option. Marlion tried the latter and got caught. If he'd kicked it to Aliir we'd all moan and if he kicked it wide we wouldn't score. Our forward dysfunction is killing the rest of the side.

Reactions: 9 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He's not the only one down on form. Thought Bakes, Prestia and now also Shorty have been below their best in the last few weeks.

Reactions: 4 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Drop, and the fact that Mcqualt said he thought he played well is baffling to me. Is he serious?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I thought he did well. Effective defensive mid. Rozee would kill any of our current second-tier mids. Nice debut in the role with more improvement to come.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Both.

We have no forward line atm. So our mids' options are to kick it to Aliir Aliir, go round the cape, or try to look for a better option. Marlion tried the latter and got caught. If he'd kicked it to Aliir we'd all moan and if he kicked it wide we wouldn't score. Our forward dysfunction is killing the rest of the side.

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    364.9 KB · Views: 12

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I can't see him in the new generation Richmond, therefore I would expect McQualter to start not rewarding him free games.
He was shocking yesterday and has been all sorts for most of the year

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Kicking is shocking at the minute, can’t hit the side of a barn.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I wonder if he doesn't like playing in wet conditions as he hasn't seemed to play well this year. You would think given he was formerly known for his physicality at the ball and man would suit such conditions... He mentioned in an article he didn't want to be known as the guy having the most frees against and that Dimma asked him to tone it down somewhat, is now second guessing himself and doesn't know what to do. His kamikaze/amateur style was his strength, take that away there is very little left unfortunately.

• Love

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Like a lot of players in the side, he is completely bereft of confidence.

The question is, do we keep playing him in the firsts and hope he regains it or do we drop him to find form in the seconds.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Like a lot of players in the side, he is completely bereft of confidence.

The question is, do we keep playing him in the firsts and hope he regains it or do we drop him to find form in the seconds.

I'm leaning towards the latter.
fast rack him to 100 games as quick as possible, we want access to the boys, this is about our future.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
After his last suspension I saw a change in the way he goes in and attacks the contest.

He is hesitant. You see it.

Whether it was a coach directive or the impact on his hip pocket, definitely there has been a change.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Yep, playing inhibited, mental block, the essence of Marlion diluted.

Handbrake needs to be released.