Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Its amazing the tall poppy syndrome here.

Pickett is a good player.

I agree he was crap today. My guess is he was hampered but you can't say that because its just making excuses right?

Most of you havent even seen him play but are so quick to get your back up because of the people who have seen him play and their opinion.

FACT: IF he was such a crap player that some of you guys make him out to be, why was he named Emergency not once but 2 weeks in a row???

I think he will come out finals and produce the goods.

Anyway you all got your wish.

Unbelievable, yay for you.
Maybe some think a bloke who has not had an AFL pre-season, picked-up half way through the year and been injured for more than a month post drafting shouldn't be auto selected after his first VFL game like some here were clambering for.

Or maybe you're right and they're just haters.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geez, I don't know what people were expecting. Pickett has played a handful of games this year and is coming off an injury.

I always thought 2020 was the go with Pickett, hoped for this year and some impact, but, let's face it, picking up an injured player in the mid-season draft is picking a player for the following year. He will have half a season with us, then a full pre-season, hopefully his family over here and will be more settled. Then let's see what he can do at AFL level. Skills, toughness etc are there, I reckon he is a real chance to be a very good player for us.

Patience grasshopper.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Does he have any brothers/cousins, that we could recruit?
A centre line of Pickett, Pickett, Pickett, would be referred to as 'The Fence''.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Wowee PharAce! Awesome to see you back

Thanks mate - missed yoos all. It was good to finally be able to read what I was supposed to have been banned for. Started with me posting 'Yeah right' to a Disco post apparently. Disgusting!!! Big thank you to MrT, Tooheys and Big Bear Baloo.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Maybe some think a bloke who has not had an AFL pre-season, picked-up half way through the year and been injured for more than a month post drafting shouldn't be auto selected after his first VFL game like some here were clambering for.

Or maybe you're right and they're just haters.

Probably a bit of a disconnect as much as anything. Mid-season Draft was supposed to be an opportunity to get a player of need (otherwise why have it) and a few have played. We picked a bloke who was a game and ten minutes into the start of his 2019 season having been injured in his WAFL preseason, and then, injured the two days (I think) before the Draft and needed 8 weeks minimum to get right. So he and his family (plenty of em) get dragged across the continent and I bet they are all feeling a bit weird and stressed out, and at 27 that plays on your mind.

His first game was a cracker for a first game, so naturally hopes went up exponentially.

Intriguingly (for me at least), Pickett played a bit bruise free on the weekend against Essendoom. Is he on a promise? We shall see. Whatever happens in 2019 in just a bonus.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Hey JB!!! He does some on field stuff incredibly easily though, that's what the expectation is all about surely. You just wonder if the next step he takes in his stride and feels at home or whether he struggle even more. He's a bit silky when he does get it.

Welcome back mate.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Thanks mate - missed yoos all. It was good to finally be able to read what I was supposed to have been banned for. Started with me posting 'Yeah right' to a Disco post apparently. Disgusting!!! Big thank you to MrT, Tooheys and Big Bear Baloo.
Great to see you back PA

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez....this is like prisoners released... :)) . Welcome back PA. Hopefully more to come.

Reactions: 1 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
So quick to jump the gun. If he comes good there will be a lot of people here left with egg on their faces.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Fabulous mark. Very courageous, without doubt.
Interesting to look at the footage of that mark and the few moments following. I might be reading too much into it, but it seems that Coleman-Jones is not all that pleased with what took place. Believes he had the mark covered and Pickett's intervention maybe could have caused some collateral damage.
Anyway, Pickett went back and slotted the goal.
Mediocre first half but really started to step up in the second half. One of the better players at the end of the game,

Reactions: 2 users