Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bit disappointed by CCJs response there tbh.

I suspect Marlion will gently remind the kid of the pecking order during the week. probably very gently, in the shadows of the boxing ring.

Didnt Marlion and Nank seem to have an amazing understanding/mutual respect in the last q?

I thought those two showed outstanding leadership and big moment belief.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I suspect Marlion will gently remind the kid of the pecking order during the week. probably very gently, in the shadows of the boxing ring.

Didnt Marlion and Nank seem to have an amazing understanding/mutual respect in the last q?

I thought those two showed outstanding leadership and big moment belief.
Yeh, plenty of signals before throw ins and ball ups. Marlin was being held at stoppages a bit. No free of course.
I’m warming to the marlin being produced on Saturday night

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Yeh, plenty of signals before throw ins and ball ups. Marlin was being held at stoppages a bit. No free of course.
I’m warming to the marlin being produced on Saturday night

He wouldn’t want to replicate his first half in yesterday’s VFL game. Was a total passenger.
Needless to say I was stunned by his last quarter. Not sure where that came from but if he can replicate that, he’s a chance at AFL level

Reactions: 1 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Needless to say I was stunned by his last quarter. Not sure where that came from but if he can replicate that, he’s a chance at AFL level

Maybe the goal assist in the second and the two goals together with the Nick Riewoldt mark in the third were a foretelling of what might happen in the fourth.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He wouldn’t want to replicate his first half in yesterday’s VFL game. Was a total passenger.
Agree. He was poor up to halftime, very good in the 3rd and up another notch in the last.

I think he is a midfielder not a back.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
There was a moment possibly in the third, maybe fourth, when there was a contested ball situation where Marlion lacked the agility to compete on the ground. Didn't look good. At the time, the guys I was with shook our head and wrote him off.

Then he turned on the jets in the last and was impressive. He is a bit of an enigma, I haven't quite worked him out.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Seems to have a natural instinct for the game and looks a midfielder. But being out with a finger shouldn’t effect his fitness level, but match fitness and durability maybe so?
(He Just doesn’t have the speed of most of our current midfield Graham apart).

Thought CJ well within his rights and responded just like Tom might have in the same circumstances. The fact that he took it on with CJ in prime position coming in finally looked spectacular but I doubt received much applause from the coach.

Just think he was selected mid year for 2020, which I get. The risks in bringing him in now without experience of our practices, and without AFL match awareness/fitness would be a mistake.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Thought CJ well within his rights and responded just like Tom might have in the same circumstances. The fact that he took it on with CJ in prime position coming in finally looked spectacular but I doubt received much applause from the coach.

Pickett didnt take his eyes off the ball and had no idea who was or wasnt there.

marlion could just have easily got up and said to Criminal Jones,

'Hey, a block would be sweet bruz'.

But it was a white hot final in the heat of battle and we got a goal.

Having said all that, criminal could have been whinging at the umps for perceived push or too high or something

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why are people saying hes slow?

Hes actually very quick lol

Fast or slow, he moves superbly.

Yesterday his movement looked a hybrid maurice/mcleod to me.

And jump up after huge head on with the ruckman, amongst others, and cooly slot the goal

Is blocksplitter tough

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Should come in from Shai. Will be hot in Brissy and we need match harden players to play.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Nice piece about him in the site that cant be named from Parrot today.

Might be the nicest thing he has ever said about the club.