Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He was a HB/ mid in the WAFL and has been playing HB and a bit in the midfield in the VFL. I think it Would be even more of a risk to play him forward.

Strikes me like the type can play anywhere. I reckon less risk playing forward when he hasn’t played with the ones D all year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Probably not a coincidence that the Lion King played his best game for us after his wife and kids moved over.
He mightn't get selected this week, but i reckon if there's an injury he'll play the next game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Reckon it would be a big mistake to play him.

if he came in fo Bolton, I agree

if he came in for Short, I disagree

A Pickett debut would double my excitement of this game I reckon

and im already pretty *smile* excited

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Strikes me like the type can play anywhere. I reckon less risk playing forward when he hasn’t played with the ones D all year.

Wrong. Our forwards have been doing a shed load of running in the last few weeks, playing high and creating space for Lynch and Jack.

As much as I love the look of this guy, he doesn’t have the AFL tank yet to play forward and isn’t immersed enough in our defensive structures to play back.

This is the conundrum facing the MC and I think they’ll play it safe and leave him out. Probably a wise decision too.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Marks like Leo Barry or Liam Ryans win premierships. Marlion Pickett has form. The likelihood of him taking a team lifting mark at a critical time is reasonably high. Will Jayden Short run back with the flight when the game is white hot? Well, no. We know Shorty is there for his right and left legs. But he has been scrubbing kicks to them for a month now. Ordinary players rarely turn around bad form in a final. In fact, ordinary players in bad form dont play finals. Brandon Ellis has been strong and tough the last month and he knows the system. He goes back for Shortys role. Yeah, it'll go sideways to Bachar or Nick, but that's OK. Thats better than a 50m turnover. Marlion runs the wing. He's tough, he's composed and he lifts in the big moment. you saw his leadership and connection with Nank last week, igniting one of the greatest comebacks in Tiger history. We could send Marlion into the middle with Nank for 10 minutes if we had to. and its a great story.

Out: Short

In: Pickett

c'mon MC.

fortune favours the brave.

Reactions: 3 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
You make a lot of sense EZY.

A faint heart never won a fat harlot.

Do it MC. You know you want to.Marlions the Man.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Marks like Leo Barry or Liam Ryans win premierships.

They are exceptions, outliers. Well drilled, focused teams win most Grand Finals a lot more often than one magical mark wins a Grand Final.

We don't need fortune to win the big one. We just need to do what we've been doing.

Reactions: 5 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
Marlion on a wing,going toe to toe with Mitch Robinson,worth the price of admission.

Marlion brings the hard edge,compared to Shortie?,their is no comparison.

Just do it MC

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
They are exceptions, outliers. Well drilled, focused teams win most Grand Finals a lot more often than one magical mark wins a Grand Final.

We don't need fortune to win the big one. We just need to do what we've been doing.

true.

But panicked turnovers have lost a fair few.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
true.

But panicked turnovers have lost a fair few.

My memory must be failing me but I can't remember a Grand Final being lost because of a panicked turnover

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Some romantic stuff in here. Nothing wrong with that, but we don’t need to play Marlion.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes, plural, but I can't even remember one.

Enlighten us then, how many were lost by one panicked turnover?

Wrong plural Rumpole.

Panicked turnoverS lose grandfinals

And you may need to go back in the archives

All the way to 2017.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Some posters are conveniently overlooking the fact that twice in the last quarter on Saturday Marlion strolled through the ch back line and calmly kicked the ball over his team mates head straight to the Essendon player behind him.

Marlion looks like Andrew McLeod when he runs but his kicking to team mates lets him down.

Needs another preseason to acclimatize to the pace and fitness level of the AFL

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just send Marlion vs Jayden out on a few old fashioned One vs One at training tomorrow & see who comes out on top. Winner gets selected.
I know where my money is!

Pick-ett

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wrong plural Rumpole.

Panicked turnoverS lose grandfinals

And you may need to go back in the archives

All the way to 2017.

So you're saying if Adelaide had a Pickett type inclusion they would have won? 2017 is more evidence of a well drilled and focused team winning Grand Finals more than a Leo Barry type moment of brilliance, but whatever, have the last word and we can leave it at that.