Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

For him to get to 100 games he’s going to have to play every game (plus finals) for the next 4 seasons. If not he’d have to go into a 5th season where he’d be aged 32. Which I reckon would be unlikely but having said that Podsiadly was a similar story. Played 100 state league games before being drafted at age 28 and went on to play 103 games over 5 seasons (technically 6 seasons but he didn’t play a game in 2015)
I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up playing quite a few seasons, hopefully for us. Had a bit of a chat to him Saturday, came across as a real happy go lucky fella, was very much like an excited new draftee , was surprisingly taller then me too tt :cool:

Reactions: 1 users
I wouldn’t be shocked if he ends up playing quite a few seasons, hopefully for us. Had a bit of a chat to him Saturday, came across as a real happy go lucky fella, was very much like an excited new draftee , was surprisingly taller then me too tt :cool:
Geez, talker than you? What is he, 6’6” or something?

For him to get to 100 games he’s going to have to play every game (plus finals) for the next 4 seasons. If not he’d have to go into a 5th season where he’d be aged 32. Which I reckon would be unlikely but having said that Podsiadly was a similar story. Played 100 state league games before being drafted at age 28 and went on to play 103 games over 5 seasons (technically 6 seasons but he didn’t play a game in 2015)

Marlion strikes me as a guy that could play till hes 33 -34 thats another 5 -6 seasons look at Sheds he is at his best.

And then there is Burgoyne who is 37 and Gazza Jnr this year is 36 ?

Agree. Amazing she has kept with him through all his mistakes. On the other side of the coin, my Mrs threatens to divorce me after forgetting to put the bin out!

I am assuming here Bristiger24 .that the bins you are putting out are from your house and not someone else?

• Haha
  • Wow

Don't compare him to Podsiadly.
He was worse then vickery.
If he didnt get injured in the 2011 GF, collingwood wouldve won.

Hearld sun today
5 clubs pass on Pickett.
Who are the 5....???

Here is the draft selections:

Pick 1 Carlton: Josh Deluca (Subiaco)
Pick 2 Gold Coast: Mitch Riordan (Dandenong Stingrays)
Pick 3 Melbourne: Kyle Dunkley (Gippsland Power)
Pick 4 Sydney: Michael Knoll (South Adelaide)
Pick 5 North Melbourne: Lachlan Hoise (Glenelg)
Pick 6 Western Bulldogs: Ryan Gardner (Footscray)
Pick 7 Essendon: Will Snelling (West Adelaide)
Pick 8 St Kilda: Jack Mayo (Subiaco)
Pick 9 Port Adelaide: Cam Sutcliffe (Port Adelaide SANFL)
Pick 10 Hawthorn: Pass
Pick 11 Fremantle: Dillon O’Reilly (East Fremantle)
Pick 12 Adelaide: Pass
Pick 13 Richmond: Marlion Pickett (South Fremantle)
Pick 14 Collingwood: John Noble (West Adelaide)
Pick 15 Gold Coast: Pass
Pick 16 Sydney: Cody Hirst (Eastern Ranges)
Pick 17 Western Bulldogs: Pass
Pick 18 Essendon: Pass

There was 12 picks before us, so i would say 12 team passed on him.

John Noble looked good for Collingwood on weekend

Reactions: 1 user

Gee look at the picks before him, oh my

• Wow
Thought some of Pickett's disposal was pretty ordinary on Sunday, a couple straight o opposition or feet of team mates but overall he's just such a presence. 20 disposals and 8 tackles was a great result. To me he seems like the perfect Graham replacement. Similar type of defensive midfield player but better skilled and finds the ball easier.

What stands out about him is his first step shimmy when he gets the ball sending his opponent the wrong way. Has a great change of direction in tight.

What stands out about him is his first step shimmy when he gets the ball sending his opponent the wrong way. Has a great change of direction in tight.

Oppostion will work it out . He needs to release the ball quicker.

I thought he played well for his first real hitout in the midfield against quality oppo. A few errors as he adjusted to the pace but did far more good than bad.
Dimma seemed happy post match.

Has that gift where he looks like he's gliding across the pitch and spaces magically open up for him. He'll get caught a bit early on but he'll adjust to the space and become that little bit more evasive that will leave the opposition players tackling each other.