Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma: "Sometimes you learn the greatest lesson of your life in the darkest times. Certainly happened to me and might happen to Marlion as well"

100% spot on Dimma.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I was texting a mate.
Us Tiger fans will never forget this guys name or that moment he kicked that goal.
Brilliant story it what can be a sea of *smile* in the world. Just makes you smile.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We should be proud of RFC for creating such an environment that can allow people like Marlion to be welcome and shine.
Most telling was the quotes of Blair Hartley and Dimma that they looked at him in the past and knew it was wrong for the club then. They weren’t ready.
What a change since 2016 !!

Reactions: 9 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Oppo fans will be melting down with yet more biased Richmond coverage... SUCK IT LOSERS

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
My only comment is that after such a one game high - Marlion will struggle a bit till he gets used to the grind of performing at a high level each week. He has to go through the first and second year player blues this season. As a mature age player he doesn't get two years for that - just the one.

Point of course is that no matter the ups and downs in a particular week and whether he sorts himself out as an A-grader or B-grader, he is AFL standard and always will be. I think we can all expect him to be in the 22. His toughness is what will separate him, for some time, from any number of our talented kids who will not get a game in preference to him.

ATM after one hit out he is ranked third in our GF team. Don't get upset when he settles down to 15th or 16th or whatever. He is still worth the price of admission.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We should be proud of RFC for creating such an environment that can allow people like Marlion to be welcome and shine.
Most telling was the quotes of Blair Hartley and Dimma that they looked at him in the past and knew it was wrong for the club then. They weren’t ready.
What a change since 2016 !!
Especially Dimma saying he was a terrible coach and unapproachable.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
That doco was beautifully put together by the ABC's Australian Story team.

"Some people say what's happened to me is a fairy tale... but if you're looking for a change and a better life then it's up to you."

What a fantastic role model for the Indigenous community, He's done himself and his family proud.

Reactions: 13 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hopefully he'll be known as dual Richmond Premiership hero Marlion Pickett at the very least when he retires

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
4 kids. We need to get 100 games into him no matter what

Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great programme.

Makes you proud to support Richmond, and over some periods in the last few decades this hasn't always been the case. The way they have created a great culture which goes well beyond the football is just brilliant. It pays off in performance too, what a bonus.

The fact that Richmond can offer an environment for those willing to work for a goal after having a disrupted past is great. I've always thought that second chances are one of the best ways to help people, as Dusty said. Think of how many 17/18 year olds stuffed up their last year of school, and how many clearly had the brains to go further if they wanted to, but just didn't have the application at that age. Same applies to any field really: sport, trades, education, whatever. Keep giving people more chances to prove themselves and most will find something they can apply themselves to.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018