Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Mate is a low risk, high reward pickup. Come back in 2 years and let's assess. At the very least, he seems to have more of a starting base than Soldo did.

Reactions: 2 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Mate is a low risk, high reward pickup. Come back in 2 years and let's assess. At the very least, he seems to have more of a starting base than Soldo did.

Didn't he play Footy for a few years when he was younger, if so he starts at a better place than Soldo who hadn't played at all.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Can't have him in the ruck yet DA. He'll be stuffed after 5 minutes.
Club has to work out what he is and more importantly what Sampson Ryan is and play them accordingly. If they’re both rucks then rotate them both forward. But you can’t hide Mate in the forward line if Sampson is a forward/ruck.
All about development at this level

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Club has to work out what he is and more importantly what Sampson Ryan is and play them accordingly. If they’re both rucks then rotate them both forward. But you can’t hide Mate in the forward line if Sampson is a forward/ruck.
All about development at this level
Ryan rucks - Colina forward
Colina rucks - Ryan forward

Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Didn't he play Footy for a few years when he was younger, if so he starts at a better place than Soldo who hadn't played at all.
I recall he played with Balta in the junior pathways. Also trained with the club over the last few years between BB seasons. Club has also said he already has a good tank. I'd be happy if he develops as fast as Soldo but you'd expect a higher ceiling with his athleticism and size. Get excited.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
That's cruel.

His first touch, that clunked mark, you thought, oh wow. The rest of the game you thought, long way to go.

Has some tools, just needs to learn how to play footy.