Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Mate Colina

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
If he had of gone off after the first two minutes, he would have been revered in the echelons of Richard Lounder territory after his first game. But alas, the rest of the game showed us how far he has to go. Subsequently, he has done well to manage the hype on here.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, it’s a long game with Mate, as it was with Soldo.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
That's cruel.

His first touch, that clunked mark, you thought, oh wow. The rest of the game you thought, long way to go.

Has some tools, just needs to learn how to play footy.
After that 1st mark i thought maybe Carter will be right, and he will debut this year. after the rest of the game not so much.

hopefully no one was expecting much, and everyone could just enjoy that fact that he is finally out there, and very much at the start of his journey.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
After that 1st mark i thought maybe Carter will be right, and he will debut this year. after the rest of the game not so much.

hopefully no one was expecting much, and everyone could just enjoy that fact that he is finally out there, and very much at the start of his journey.
Should never listen to self promoting gurus

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I believe that's Mate's second game of footy since he was 16. Would be somewhat rusty. It took Soldo a couple of years intense development with Maric to be able to get to a AFL standard. I think Mate has plenty of upside. Lets wait until this time next year to see if there is some improvement.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Mate would be best served playing some local footy for a bit.

We had VFL reserves when soldo was learning his craft.

Tough gig coming up against good seasoned footballers in that league when you haven't played the sport in years.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Tough gig coming up against good seasoned footballers in that league when you haven't played the sport in years.
True, but the guy played Div 1 college basketball. He's 7 foot 14. He just has to work on strength in the contest and remembering to put his arms up.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Mate will improve rapidly and then incrementally. He's a project.

I remember Soldo getting one or two touches in his first VFL reserves game. And then suddenly becoming a VFL contributor. And then slowly becoming a premiership ruckman.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mate will improve rapidly and then incrementally. He's a project.

I remember Soldo getting one or two touches in his first VFL reserves game. And then suddenly becoming a VFL contributor. And then slowly becoming a premiership ruckman.
Stories went around that when Soldo first arrived, Chocco had to teach him how to kick a footy.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
It’s all BS. I am a big believer in picking guys that have a football history. The rest is total arse. Soldo gets special compensation because he is related to Ivvy and cames off a non football background and he is a good bloke. Angus Graham was better

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
True, but the guy played Div 1 college basketball. He's 7 foot 14. He just has to work on strength in the contest and remembering to put his arms up.
And learn how to kick...but hopefully not from George. Did Soldo learn from Mark Williams?

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Soldo had literally no Aussie Rules playing experience.

True, Mate has been out of footy for years but he made the Vic Metro U16 squad so more advanced than Soldo was.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Stories went around that when Soldo first arrived, Chocco had to teach him how to kick a footy.
I’ve always been fascinated about the commentary about Mark Williams teaching guys how to kick the footy. Because he was a crappy kick when he played. ‘Belt the ball forward’ Williams.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Pfft. Armchair professionals. “I haven’t seen him play but he’ll debut this year.”
I don’t understand why some people say that crap.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
First game on a wet cold night after the warmth of Hawaii. Delist him now!!
Keep playing him, it’s all about the development for 2022