Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Has been one of our most consistent all season... love how he steadies the HB line. When Floss gets back, just makes it a tougher ask for the opposition!

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Every time I looked there was Broad up forward, down back, everywhere, taking marks and kicking to a team mate.

Must have been very tired at the end of the match.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Be a very different and much sadder story for the club if Broad hadn’t been down back this year. I think he’s one of the most underrated players in the game, and even other sides seem to do that, and he uses it to his and our advantage.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Fifth defender n just sneaks along under the radar with no one noticing. Just another little cog doing his job in the accountants system tick tick tick tick tick.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We seem to be making a habit of under-rated players becoming vital cogs in the system and the media taking a couple of years to catch up.

Vlastuin was under-rated, Shedda, Grimes etc. Then people wake up.

Our list is so under-rated, it's delicious to watch the media fumble about and claim we don't have many A Graders, we have plenty, they just can't see it.

Mind you, I reckon the rest of the teams know all about it and would rate a lot of our players much higher than the media's drivel suggests.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Underrated even amongst the faithful.
Broad is rated highest on this forum. The bloke barely gets coaches votes and doesn’t fare well in the B&F. But he consistently gets PRE votes.

Broad, Baker, Bolton, KMac. Our scout in WA has been extraordinary.

Reactions: 6 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Broad is rated highest on this forum. The bloke barely gets coaches votes and doesn’t fare well in the B&F. But he consistently gets PRE votes.

And even the votes he got in the Norm Smith from Matthews, Leigh attributed to a seniors moment and meant to give them to Short!

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Not this week.

10 Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 Tom J Lynch (RICH)
5 Nathan Broad (RICH)
4 Bachar Houli (RICH)
2 Noah Balta (RICH)
1 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Not this week.

10 Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 Tom J Lynch (RICH)
5 Nathan Broad (RICH)
4 Bachar Houli (RICH)
2 Noah Balta (RICH)
1 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)
Kudo's craig, you've backed him from day dot when many of us (me anyway) had doubts. He's a gun that has improved every year in the AFL and continues to do so. His running ability is astonishing. Never lets his teammates down.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
He's a star isn't he.

Covers an enormous amount of ground, quick and good overhead. Really growing into a leader at the club.

One other underrated component is his voice. Very noticeable at the ground is his constant directing of teammates both in the backline and further upfield.

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I see their are calls for Broady to be dropped as he had a poor game on Friday playing in a position he was unaccustomed to but he has plenty of credits in the bank to overcome this. Besides we can pick at least anther half a dozen on established players who also had stinkers but no call to drop them as well

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I see their are calls for Broady to be dropped as he had a poor game on Friday playing in a position he was unaccustomed to but he has plenty of credits in the bank to overcome this. Besides we can pick at least anther half a dozen on established players who also had stinkers but no call to drop them as well
Was actually very good first half made a couple of errors whern we were about to go under but he did not cost the Tigers the game, we lost by eleven goals.

Those calling for him to be dropped are simply haters.

Hes had a great year.

Reactions: 3 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Love Broad.
Just watching the replay.
Broad was excellent.
He was beaten once only by Hogan on a perfect lead and pass. Nothing he could do.
I was upset with the defence during the game but I can see now that our undermanned midfield was the issue.
When the ball comes in without midfield pressure a defence has no hope.
Broad was in the best behind Bakes, Nank and Dusty.
Hope the selectors don't make last years mistake...he must play on Hipwood who he beats easily.

Reactions: 2 users