Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Dominated Hipwood. Hipwood like the Lions players as a general rule are all frigging sooks.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Only criticism I have for Broady is that some of his tackles just don't stick. He's got the beef to be able to do this easily. One last night was disappointing.
Yeh the one Rayner slipped was weak.

Replay on Foxtel now, will watch for him (with the sound down to avoid Lings bias)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Might just have taken over Grub's old negating defender role. Stats irrelevant, just erase your opponent.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Replay on Foxtel now, will watch for him (with the sound down to avoid Lings bias)

Last night was the very first time I have ever turned the telecast down and then off at one stage due to the *smile* carry on barracking and biased commentary.

Channel 7 do realise that the majority of their audiencve was watching from Victoria and the southern and western states who dont care for the Bears.

Qldrs wouldve been watching the NRL.

Channel 7 can GAGF.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
QTR 1-
Hard to tell who is playing on early.
First action is to run ball over line.
Second is to punch through a long kick for a point
Third to spoil a long kick in to a pack
Fourth attempted smother on Robertson left foot snap
Fifth good spoil to long kick in jumping over pack
Sixth received hospital handball did well to get it over the line
Not sure where he was when Neale & McStay goaled. No one appeared to be on McStay when he marked over Grimes.
He took Cameron when grimes went off for a portion of the first qtr.
When Grimes came back on he took Hipwood. No one on one contests ensued.

He didn't get a touch but none of his direct opponents kicked a goal, but nor were they targeted in any one on one contests.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
QTR 2 -
Starts on McStay, they both miss a long ball kicked to wing. Vlastuin was on Hipwood at that stage.
His first real contest whilst on Hipwood he fails to spoil a Jarred Lyon mark. Not his best effort.
Next Hipwood drops a quick kick across goalface. Broad made a contest but hipwood probably should have chest marked it.
He swapped to McStay for a period and Vlastuin to Hipwood.
He went back to Hipwood, at their next contest Hipwood roved a pack and handpassed to Cameron who missed a snap. Broad just lost contact with Hipwood at front of pack.
Next action was a missed tackle on Rayner who then missed a relatively easy snap.
Next was a spoil in a 2 on 2 contest, kept Hipwood out of it well.
He had Christensen for a brief period and he tracked him well to prevent him being a short pass option. The ball was kicked to McStay who outmarked Vlastuin but missed the shot.
Next he and Hipwood went to a contest with Soldo & McInnerney and McIn got a soft free against Soldo. Broad had Hipwood well engaged.

Half Time
So no real one on ones, not directly responsible for any goals. But a missed tackle that should have been a goal and a lost opponent that should have led to another one.

Reckon MC did well to identify Hipwood as a good match up, he's not going to outbody Broad nor outrun him. One thing the first half showed was Hipwood lacks real fight.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Historic spoil in that prelim. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

Broad unfortunately copped two knocks within a second to receive a clear concussion. All signs indicate it was a serious one.

Fancy equipment can detect brain changes from concussion up to a year later, so if he does play in the GF, it’ll come with an unknowable health risk.

Second to his health, there’s the risk we won’t notice he’s a bit off until during the game.

Hope he has a smooth recovery without any issues.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Historic spoil in that prelim. One of the best I’ve ever seen.

Broad unfortunately copped two knocks within a second to receive a clear concussion. All signs indicate it was a serious one.
Thought his head hit the ground as well, so three heavy contacts, and a bit of whiplash through the neck as well.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Dimma: Oh crap, the docs are saying Broady can’t play in the GF. Where am I gonna find a dude who can shut down whatever mofo I throw him onto??

Rance: Hold my beer...

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
He'll be there Olden

Craig normally the week after conconcussion a player doesn’t play that well.
It’s the week after that they are much better.
We don’t have that luxury.

Tough ombre is Broady and important to our structure.

Hope I’m wrong on all counts.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dermie said on SEN today he spoke to Nathan after the game and asked how he was. Broady said he was fine and Dermie said he was with it. I’m tipping Nathan will pull up ok. Jack on the other hand ........

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Define said on SEN today he spoke to Nathan after the game and asked how he was. Broady said he was fine and Dermie said he was with it. I’m tipping Nathan will pull up ok. Jack on the other hand ........
Also shown on Ch 7 news. No chance to miss. Broadie's head is a hard as a brick wall.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
PASSED TEST TODAY.

From tigerman and confirmed by 8ball from DImma himself on 360.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will likely be kept away away from contact training as a precaution anyway and be saved for the game.

Last edited: