Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Very odd.

As many have pointed out he has been playing ok (def not the worst of them), hard at it and runs all day.
I don't buy the leaving theory as he was in the huddle for the song in Darwin.
Needed against West Coast for his height.
Can only guess it's either a discipline issue or as some have suggested, getting games into Markov.

Still odd though. He's one of my favourites and I want him back in the team for the finals.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It is strange that his last game was against Gold Coast & conspiracy theorists have suggested anything from disciplinary issues to heading to the GC to be with his good mate Brando..
Now who knows really however if you actually look at his last three games, his disposal count dropped right away.
Maybe his it's as simple as his form just wasn't where the coaches would like it to be?
With Markov in his place they get more pace & more flexibility.
In the shorter format that could be a valuable addition to a team that was made up of many slower players.
Still it is a head scratcher as I didn’t feel he had done much wrong..

Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It is strange that his last game was against Gold Coast & conspiracy theorists have suggested anything from disciplinary issues to heading to the GC to be with his good mate Brando..
Now who knows really however if you actually look at his last three games, his disposal count dropped right away.
Maybe his it's as simple as his form just wasn't where the coaches would like it to be?
With Markov in his place they get more pace & more flexibility.
In the shorter format that could be a valuable addition to a team that was made up of many slower players.
Still it is a head scratcher as I didn’t feel he had done much wrong..

Markov is an interesting one , I thought he was gone ,

All of a sudden he looks like he belongs and is not just plugging a hole

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I think it's as simple as markov pushing him out of the back 7. Dimma sticks to his structures and keeps players in their positions. If Markov's form drops or gets exposed then Broad will be back. Personally would play Broad and push one of Markov or Baker up the field but Dimma doesn't move players unless they get a trial run in the reserves first.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It is an odd omission. Does anyone have access to his private Instagram account to see if he's uploaded any photos of his 2019 Premiership medallion recently?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Whilst I don't necessarily agree with dropping Broad, without Astbury and Broad our backline is now more explosive than Krakatoa in her prime, add Caddy to those on the sideline and the want for even quicker transition in these shorter games is evident.

Quicker ball movement from the back half will hopefully give teams less chance to set up against us defensively. Having said that, our backline is younger, less experienced and potentially more vulnerable without Broad and Astbury.

Slice and dice V.2020

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Very odd. Even though Allen isn't playing thought he would still come in to play the intercept role. Vlaustin could take Ryan leaving him free. I didn't think his form was that bad anyway, yes he isn't a high possession winner , but that's not his role.

Reactions: 1 user

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Agree with everyone re: not understanding him not being in the team. But unlike the Richmond of yester-years I trust that the coaches know what they are doing.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I was pretty shocked we didnt bring him in for the heavy weights.

Im sure theres a rhyme in there

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Very surprised to see he didn't come in. Ditto Caddy. Of those not currently available probably Sheds is the only one who now will make it back?
I wonder now if something is being put into place with our trade period.
Broad, Caddy, Cameron-Jones, Graham, Nankervis AND Rance.
Cerra, Green and a very early 1st round pick?

• Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I don't mind the theory we're re-breaking him for the wing, with Marlion to go inside, if we don't get Prestia back.

But who knows.

• Wow

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I don't mind the theory we're re-breaking him for the wing, with Marlion to go inside, if we don't get Prestia back.

But who knows.

I heard that from a mate today the whisper is he is being re tooled for another possible role, so both he and Dave can both be accommodated back into the side.

So you might be onto something there Spooky.

Probably why Dow is in, to get him a debut and 1 or 2 games before Nathan gets Broad back for the run into September.

Whether there is anything to it I guess will find out.

They did drop Shai this year early when he was playing well to get him acclimatised to playing predominantly midfield, and did the same with Caddy last year.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I heard that from a mate today the whisper is he is being re tooled for another possible role, so both he and Dave can both be accommodated back into the side.

So you might be onto something there Spooky.

Probably why Dow is in, to get him a debut and 1 or 2 games before Nathan gets Broad back for the run into September.

Whether there is anything to it I guess will find out.

They did drop Shai this year early when he was playing well to get him acclimatised to playing predominantly midfield, and did the same with Caddy last year.

There always seems to be method to our madness.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I think he will be back in for the finals and become a triple premiership player

I like that especially the TRIPLE Premiership bit ..............how good would it be to shove it up all and sundries butts for the *smile* that Tigers copped all year.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Very surprised to see he didn't come in. Ditto Caddy. Of those not currently available probably Sheds is the only one who now will make it back?
I wonder now if something is being put into place with our trade period.
Broad, Caddy, Cameron-Jones, Graham, Nankervis AND Rance.
Cerra, Green and a very early 1st round pick?

Nah those days are long gone - they break the culture of a place in one move.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
no Doubt he’ll be back in against the Dockers , however I can’t see any reason Markov is in the 22 in front of him.