Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Nathan Broad

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Broadly was great tonight. Knows his role and fits in seamlessly with the other back men.
I’m more confident when he’s in the team

Reactions: 10 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Importance still understated.

Hence I wanted him back in the backline it's just better with him there they are a unit that know how each other goes about it, especially Dave Grub Tigga and Nathan..

Good again tonight, the guy just gets it done and does the dirty work.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Missed him big time against the bears. He's our best option on the hard leading forwards. Few times port went forward only for broad to beat his opponent high on the flank.

Reactions: 9 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Missed him big time against the bears. He's our best option on the hard leading forwards. Few times port went forward only for broad to beat his opponent high on the flank.
Yep won few of those tonight and last week in the first quarter when the heat was on

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I love Broady as well. He’s up there with my all time faves, but oddly, I’m not really sure why.

We are simply better when he plays.

Reactions: 3 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Hope he stays. We are a better team with him in and we always have been. It still makes absolutely no sense at all that he was dropped mid year after playing the best football of his career.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Nobody but nobody knock Broady's performance tonight. Did his job to perfection again nullifying his opponent all night. Nailed in for the GF team
time and time again, he continues to win the ball. A great game Broady

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It still makes absolutely no sense at all that he was dropped mid year after playing the best football of his career.
Might be possible that Broady was moving away from the way that the Coach needed him to play within the team role, so they just sent him back to recalibrate his game a touch?
Last few years it's all been about playing within a certain structured team role first, second and third, then after that ya can fudge n cheat a bit ( unless you're Dusty of course ).

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We missed broad against the bears 2 fold. He'd be hipwoods blanket and relief cover for cameron. If we play the bears again both broad and lynch are massive ins

Reactions: 5 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Paid special attention to Broady last night after calling him Mr Invisible all week. Special player - never loses his cool. Poised, agro and fearless in equal measure. Doesn’t seem to make mistakes - maybe that’s why I haven’t paid much attention. From 0 to man crush in a week. Geez I’m fickle.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
just watched the last qtr again.

Broady repelled everything.

why was he ever dropped? Hes a super tough, super reliable, composed, competitive animal, who rarely loses a 1:1.

I suppose it doesn't matter now. Hes in the 22, with a crack at footballing immortality.

Nathan Broad, Duel premiership hard-man, is on the brink of footballing immortality.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Gee he’s good! Calm and reliable always contests super well! Defence looks so much better with him in it!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Watching him last night made me wonder why he got dropped. We're so much better with him in the team.

Reactions: 2 users