Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Pick 50, in a so called weak draft. Really think the club has done well with this selection. Awesome athletic potential whom is starting to show he really can play footy. Will likely spend a decent length apprenticeship in the twos. But he could well turn out a bit of a steal in the end.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Like the look of him, appears lively and competitive which makes him dangerous with his height and running power

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
TigerForce said:
I was thinking this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJ5WLZpQkk

1:25 mark "Oh --leg!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsCEK1Pxsw

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Looks like Jordan McMahon. Just when I thought I was cured, I'm going to have to go back to my shrink tomorrow now because of this pick.

FWIW I agree with Baloo. Oleg doesn't need a nickname.

Backbone

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 21, 2008
BrisTiger24 said:
Looks like Jordan McMahon. Just when I thought I was cured, I'm going to have to go back to my shrink tomorrow now because of this pick.

FWIW I agree with Baloo. Oleg doesn't need a nickname.

Although in statistics there is the Markov Matrix, so he could become Matrix, but that's really nerdy, so I agree ... Oleg! When he stuffs up though, Jordy it shall be.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Yes he is a great athlete, but running around in the SANFL is the best footy education a player can get. To me he looks every bit a natural footballer.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I didn't make the connection before, but I remember seeing his father pole vault for Australia. Won a World Championship.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
I didn't make the connection before, but I remember seeing his father pole vault for Australia. Won a World Championship.

yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
blx said:
yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.
Oleg came to Australia as an infant with his father and mother - whom wasn't Tatiana Grigorieva. Only link was that Dmitri Markov and Tatiana Grigorieva followed the same coach whom had moved to Australia. They weren't even from the same country (Markov - Belarus, Grigorieva - Russia).

That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
Oleg came to Australia as an infant with his father and mother - whom wasn't Tatiana Grigorieva. Only link was that Dmitri Markov and Tatiana Grigorieva followed the same coach whom had moved to Australia. They weren't even from the same country (Markov - Belarus, Grigorieva - Russia).

That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

I didnt insinuate tatiana being olegs mother. I just remember them always being together thats all.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
blx said:
I didnt insinuate tatiana being olegs mother. I just remember them always being together thats all.

That's controversial! I wouldn't move too far from Tatiana either though TBH. Still have a copy of her black and white spread somewhere

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
BrisTiger24 said:
That's controversial! I wouldn't move too far from Tatiana either though TBH. Still have a copy of her black and white spread somewhere
When I was a teenager competing in athletics, I got Tatiana to sign my chest number at a track meet once (and Melinda Gainsford). My father's first response when I showed him, "Did they let you sign theirs?"

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Panthera Tigris said:
When I was a teenager competing in athletics, I got Tatiana to sign my chest number at a track meet once (and Melinda Gainsford). My father's first response when I showed him, "Did they let you sign theirs?"

So did they? ;D

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigerlove said:
So did they? ;D
No, evidently not.

And probably a good thing too. As a randy teenage boy with hormones racing galore, that would surely have been just too much for me to bare. ;)

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
Love that long run-up when kicking for goal. Doesn't even look like running into man on mark.

Needs to work with Big Griffo, practicising goal kicking from 30m out!