Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Pick 50, in a so called weak draft. Really think the club has done well with this selection. Awesome athletic potential whom is starting to show he really can play footy. Will likely spend a decent length apprenticeship in the twos. But he could well turn out a bit of a steal in the end.

Like the look of him, appears lively and competitive which makes him dangerous with his height and running power

TigerForce said:
I was thinking this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJ5WLZpQkk

1:25 mark "Oh --leg!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsCEK1Pxsw

Looks like Jordan McMahon. Just when I thought I was cured, I'm going to have to go back to my shrink tomorrow now because of this pick.

FWIW I agree with Baloo. Oleg doesn't need a nickname.

BrisTiger24 said:
Looks like Jordan McMahon. Just when I thought I was cured, I'm going to have to go back to my shrink tomorrow now because of this pick.

FWIW I agree with Baloo. Oleg doesn't need a nickname.

Although in statistics there is the Markov Matrix, so he could become Matrix, but that's really nerdy, so I agree ... Oleg! When he stuffs up though, Jordy it shall be.

Yes he is a great athlete, but running around in the SANFL is the best footy education a player can get. To me he looks every bit a natural footballer.

I didn't make the connection before, but I remember seeing his father pole vault for Australia. Won a World Championship.

CarnTheTiges said:
I didn't make the connection before, but I remember seeing his father pole vault for Australia. Won a World Championship.

yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.

blx said:
yeah so he would of grown up with his dad in the gym and out on the field. I even think there was a bit of something something with Tatiana Grigorieya! Imagine that mix!

His dad was a solidly built athete too so theres a good chance Oleg has the same genes and will fill out well.

He reminds me of our own Kam Macintosh in his draft year. Lets give the kid time.

Such a high ceiling for both our 15 and 50 picks!

Lets hope it all pans out well.
Oleg came to Australia as an infant with his father and mother - whom wasn't Tatiana Grigorieva. Only link was that Dmitri Markov and Tatiana Grigorieva followed the same coach whom had moved to Australia. They weren't even from the same country (Markov - Belarus, Grigorieva - Russia).

That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

Panthera Tigris said:
Oleg came to Australia as an infant with his father and mother - whom wasn't Tatiana Grigorieva. Only link was that Dmitri Markov and Tatiana Grigorieva followed the same coach whom had moved to Australia. They weren't even from the same country (Markov - Belarus, Grigorieva - Russia).

That said, I wonder whether Tatiana has any kids running around? If not, match her up with Richo. Need to breed some father/son selections. ;)

I didnt insinuate tatiana being olegs mother. I just remember them always being together thats all.

blx said:
I didnt insinuate tatiana being olegs mother. I just remember them always being together thats all.

That's controversial! I wouldn't move too far from Tatiana either though TBH. Still have a copy of her black and white spread somewhere

BrisTiger24 said:
That's controversial! I wouldn't move too far from Tatiana either though TBH. Still have a copy of her black and white spread somewhere
When I was a teenager competing in athletics, I got Tatiana to sign my chest number at a track meet once (and Melinda Gainsford). My father's first response when I showed him, "Did they let you sign theirs?"

Panthera Tigris said:
When I was a teenager competing in athletics, I got Tatiana to sign my chest number at a track meet once (and Melinda Gainsford). My father's first response when I showed him, "Did they let you sign theirs?"

So did they? ;D

tigerlove said:
So did they? ;D
No, evidently not.

And probably a good thing too. As a randy teenage boy with hormones racing galore, that would surely have been just too much for me to bare. ;)

Love that long run-up when kicking for goal. Doesn't even look like running into man on mark.

Needs to work with Big Griffo, practicising goal kicking from 30m out!