Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Oleg is well down the list now imo.

Unfornately you may be right Craigo.
Another year on a contarct may have saved him and also possibly the fact he got injured and coming back.
Will be behind other players who he has to dislodge to get a game.

Up to him.
Unsure now.

Last edited:

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Remember the days when a player like Oleg would be in the top 22 players regularly??

Ball is in his court. Should be at right fitness levels and experienced enough in the game plan. Hopefully stays injury free and can show what he has got.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Dimma giving Lego a chance to show what he's got.

Must be heaps of pressure on the kid. Hope he does well.

Also just scrolling up the page, has anyone heard from TigerMasochist? Last posted in March. I enjoyed reading his posts. Hope he's ok.

Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I wish Oleg well tonight but long term I can’t think of too many examples of a player who’s played a very low amount of games (17) in their first 3.5 seasons on an AFL list that go on to a long and successful career., especially in the modern era.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's had a very odd trajectory. We were in raptures after his first game, and even more after his fifth, when he had 26 disposals, 12 marks, 4 inside 50s, 10 rebound 50s and 672 metres gained. We thought we had a half-back. That was four years ago. The next year he was the last man out of the premiership side, and some thought unlucky (really he was placeholding for Caddy). 2018 injured. 2019 - 20 touches at half-forward in the R3 defeat v GWS - who remembers that? Then sent forward in the VFL to play Stephensonesque quick leads from the goal square. Did okay, but was lucky he had a contract for 2020 and Menadue didn't.

Is he a half-back again now? Scratch match report says yes. The People's United Front of Play Jack Ross In The Guts hopes so. We'll find out soon. I'd love to see that 2016 dash back.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's had a very odd trajectory. We were in raptures after his first game, and even more after his fifth, when he had 26 disposals, 12 marks, 4 inside 50s, 10 rebound 50s and 672 metres gained. We thought we had a half-back. That was four years ago. The next year he was the last man out of the premiership side, and some thought unlucky (really he was placeholding for Caddy). 2018 injured. 2019 - 20 touches at half-forward in the R3 defeat v GWS - who remembers that? Then sent forward in the VFL to play Stephensonesque quick leads from the goal square. Did okay, but was lucky he had a contract for 2020 and Menadue didn't.

Is he a half-back again now? Scratch match report says yes. The People's United Front of Play Jack Ross In The Guts hopes so. We'll find out soon. I'd love to see that 2016 dash back.
I'd forgotten about his first few games. Had me excited. Hope he can take his last chance and make the most of it

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Dimma giving Lego a chance to show what he's got.

Must be heaps of pressure on the kid. Hope he does well.

Also just scrolling up the page, has anyone heard from TigerMasochist? Last posted in March. I enjoyed reading his posts. Hope he's ok.

yeh Tommy, I messaged him a while ago with the same concern and he said he’s just reading for a while and not posting. Send him a pm. Come back and join us maso!

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I wish Oleg well tonight but long term I can’t think of too many examples of a player who’s played a very low amount of games (17) in their first 3.5 seasons on an AFL list that go on to a long and successful career., especially in the modern era.
Sam Menegola comes to mind as a current player who spent time on lists without many (any?) games who is now a senior regular, but agree not that common I would think.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Was ok. Did some nice things and i would give him another game.

He might make way for Vlastuin though, assuming he's right to go.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Was ok. Did some nice things and i would give him another game.

He might make way for Vlastuin though, assuming he's right to go.

I think this is about right. Didn't do anything wrong, but will likely come out for Vlastuin. If Vlastuin needs another week, Oleg deserves another go.