Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

Oleg was always a HBF'er...the forward experiment was never going to work...however it may have improved him.

Reactions: 3 users
Hard to be critical and probably a few others in front of him now to get the chop.
He is playing well, but i cant see how he stays in the backline if Astbury comes back.
it will be interesting who goes out when Grimes returns too.

Interesting times for Oleg.

He was last man out of our 2017 premiership side when Towner came in for Caddy and became un-droppable, forcing Oleg out on Caddy's return. He wasn't doing anything wrong back in 2017 when he lost his spot.

He may find himself in a similar position this year as players return, unless of couse he can make himself undroppable!

Reactions: 1 users
Really interesting player who has played in our past 4 wins & seems to have pushed Broady from favour atm.
I really like his pace & run & carry from HB & off the wings. The team was looking for a sorely needed injection of speed with too many plodders in the shortened format & Oleg has been a welcome addition. Can he hold his place with others returning at the business end? That's a good question but credit to him for fighting hard to win a place back. If he hasn't done enough to keep his spot I don't think there will be a shortage of suitors elsewhere..

Reactions: 7 users
I reckon his important now as you say with pace run and carry coming out of defence and his height attacks the game plays a variety of roles.

Reactions: 2 users
According to the AFL GPS data still fastest all time. I would continue to use him half back and wing. Even when a few others come back. He is a zone breaker and gives us a better chance on a fast play to get the ball into our forward line. If we play Astbury, Balta and Grimes, we need him probably over Broad. Also room for him on a wing when Pickett and Kam are resting.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
He did a good job on tagging Walters last game. I'll put it out there who thinks he might get the job on Dangerfield especially when the flog rests in the forward line. Markov has pace, size and strength. I like it!

It seems as though Lego is keeping Broad out of the team. Both are versatile with Broad probably more so. When on song Oleg is good but is he better that a Broad slightly off the pace. A conundrum!

Reactions: 1 user
It seems as though Lego is keeping Broad out of the team. Both are versatile with Broad probably more so. When on song Oleg is good but is he better that a Broad slightly off the pace. A conundrum!

I think Dimma and the MC are after more run from the backline and want our medium/small running backs to push hard up the wings. we now have baker, houli short and markov giving us drive and rebound from the backline and the wings.

it appears our game has moved from a forward pressure turnover game to a wing turnover and slingshot game. george and rioli seem to be spending more time on the wings also.

maybe the MC are comfortable with Notorious Grimes and Vlas as the stoppers and are happy to concede an additional stopper for an additional runner.

becasue broads form wasn't bad to warrant the dropping imo

Reactions: 4 users
Seriously, the way this guy just saved his career with us has been a HUGE effort. He is mint. Sensational effort to come into this side and take his chance with 2 pumping legs.

Reactions: 7 users