Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Oleg Markov

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Tiges wanna be careful if any of this gets traction ..
i worry that our older players are gone in 1/2 years and these sort of blokes need to be kept ..
but i trust the club, they know what's going on ..

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Thanks to Butler, I think any trades of our fringe players this year should have a better return

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Markov is one player i thought would be targeted by other clubs.

Would have played 50 games by now if he had been recruited by us 10+ years ago. Victim of our depth.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I reckon won't go really depends on Houli decision to his a replacement.
Also on what is happening with Broad? Is he getting a big offer to go GCS or elsewhere? Love Nathan but Oleg is younger so more future with him now.

The only remaining doubt I have is whether he is as good defensively. Certainly wins on the speed and carry.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Also on what is happening with Broad? Is he getting a big offer to go GCS or elsewhere? Love Nathan but Oleg is younger so more future with him now.

The only remaining doubt I have is whether he is as good defensively. Certainly wins on the speed and carry.

As an actual defender Broad has Markov covered easily with his hardness and versatility not to mention his resume and proven performance on the big stage.

Markov is more offensive , but Broad has never really played as an offensive backman.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Someone will sniff at Markov his run of 5 -6 games this year will have put him in the shop window.

Adelaide might look at him as would maybe the Kangas who seriously need pace and after delisting 200 people now need players!!

*smile* even Geesook might have some money left after getting Daniher, Crouch, Jeremy Cameron and Higlet and everyone else that they are apparantly into.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
As an actual defender Broad has Markov covered easily with his hardness and versatility not to mention his resume and proven performance on the big stage.

Markov is more offensive , but Broad has never really played as an offensive backman.
Yes, I agree. Broad for a hard-nosed defender any day.

But I really think Oleg can go to the wing and replace BEllis long-term in more of a pacey, attacking role. I don't believe Caddy can play wing again, his hammies just aren't up to it. And maybe Marlion will be tempted to take an offer to head home to Freo, for strong family reasons, and especially if he becomes a 2 x flag player.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yes, I agree. Broad for a hard-nosed defender any day.

But I really think Oleg can go to the wing and replace BEllis long-term in more of a pacey, attacking role. I don't believe Caddy can play wing again, his hammies just aren't up to it. And maybe Marlion will be tempted to take an offer to head home to Freo, for strong family reasons, and especially if he becomes a 2 x flag player.

I've always liked the idea of Oleg using his pace out running the arcs on the wing.

Our wingmen on the whole play more defensive mid roles as opposed to offensive, hence oleg not being used there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Oleg reminds me of Noah Balta and Ivan Soldo.

Late to football.

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Being reported that the Suns are after him. Wise move.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Being reported that the Suns are after him. Wise move.

23 games in 5 seasons suggests it would be in Oleg's best interest to make the move, still only 24 yo so can still have a career.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
23 games in 5 seasons suggests it would be in Oleg's best interest to make the move, still only 24 yo so can still have a career.

He may have a career with us. Depends on whether our club thinks he's got the game to replace Bachar or not. Currently Bachar is preferred but what lies ahead? List manager's burning the midnight oil..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Don't really want to see him go, he has shown this year that he can be very good at AFL level.

But you would have to say thanks and good luck if he does go as he has been starved of opportunity at Richmond.

DS

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users