Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wow..haven’t times changed, had to go back 6 pages to find him.

Signed with Carlton today I’ve heard...true ?
Stand to be corrected but doesn't he need to request to be traded there before he can sign anything?
We do owe them sux big time over shafting us on Yarran, so let's make them pay a little extra if we can!

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
If he's played his last game for us it was a beauty. He was very good on Sunday.

Thought it was a typical Butler game. Dominant at times, went missing at times, great when given time but panics when pressured. Didn't score a goal. Hopefully he'll get more AFL time at another club. Many gone past him at the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A different post suggests we are into Jones. I wonder if this and the Butler link to Carlton are linked. Ie. we get Jones, Sydney now don't need to trade Papley to get Daniher, so Carlton go for Butler.

if so, that's a win, win, win for the Tiges.

Get Jones - Improves out list
Get Daniher to Sydney - weakens the Bombers :D
Stop Papley getting to Carlton - stops the Blues strengthening :D

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
A different post suggests we are into Jones. I wonder if this and the Butler link to Carlton are linked. Ie. we get Jones, Sydney now don't need to trade Papley to get Daniher, so Carlton go for Butler.

if so, that's a win, win, win for the Tiges.

Get Jones - Improves out list
Get Daniher to Sydney - weakens the Bombers :D
Stop Papley getting to Carlton - stops the Blues strengthening :D

We've got Alex Rance as a "recruit" next year - and he's only 29 now (will be 30 in a month or so)
Liam Jones is age 28 now - so don't quite see the purpose - especially if he soaked up valuable salary cap.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Butler best get to finding himself another suitor before hes stuck at the RFC playing VFL for 22 weeks next year.

He wont be playing many at all from here on in.

In Stack and Rance to the Premiership side at a minmum for round 1.

Papley going to Carlton along with Betts and Martin will likely kill off our chance to flog Butler to the Navy arses.

Not that I;d be upset I dont want to deal with them bastards after they shafted us with Yarran.

Send Buts to the Suns so he has friends to play with or to the Crows after all they'll be looking for players.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Butler best get to finding himself another suitor before hes stuck at the RFC playing VFL for 22 weeks next year.

He wont be playing many at all from here on in.

In Stack and Rance to the Premiership side at a minmum for round 1.

Papley going to Carlton along with Betts and Martin will likely kill off our chance to flog Butler to the Navy arses.

Not that I;d be upset I dont want to deal with them bastards after they shafted us with Yarran.

Send Buts to the Suns so he has friends to play with or to the Crows after all they'll be looking for players.

Craig possibly his only chance to play seniors.
He will have four of his Tiger mates there.

Going to be hard to break into the 22, baring injuries.
Heard it too that he wishes to stay.

Back yourself Butts but you will need to maybe look at another role? Dont know.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I heard on some media today that Butler was wanting to stay, but wasn’t sure whether it was possible.
I hope he stays. The kid's got talent and needs to work on his deficiencies. I don't want any of our premiership players joining that other Scum of a team.

Reactions: 3 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Don't like his chances of getting a game in 2020. Graham, Rance and Stack are in the wings and maybe only Brando to leave from the Premiership team. Baker and Bolton have gone past him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Carlton must be wrapped to hear him say he wants to stay at Richmond and he loves the place. :rotfl2

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Craig possibly his only chance to play seniors.
He will have four of his Tiger mates there.

Going to be hard to break into the 22, baring injuries.
Heard it too that he wishes to stay.

Back yourself Butts but you will need to maybe look at another role? Dont know.

why leave a winning team? If i were him, I would sign for a year on little money in an attempt to try and snare a flag. as you said @waiting, back yourself in. he's still young and can make money later.

Reactions: 1 users