Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Last night I watched the Freo game on the Fox Tigerthon, Connor was sensational, don't know why he could never cement a spot with us, will be elsewhere next year for no meaningful draft return.
PS. I am one of the very few that still like Connor.
I like him too, I watch him in the VFL and think, “this bloke has everything to be a good AFL footballer” but bar the odd game it just hasn’t worked out. 39 games in 5 seasons. I wouldn’t be upset if he left for better opportunities and I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him stay.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Menadue's biggest issue is that LeyseyDays jumped on him day 1 and declared him a future Brownlow winner. What were seeing now is a direct result of LD's call.

Reactions: 1 user

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
Grigg
Ellis
Menadue?
Bulter?
McIntosh?
Moore?

Thats 6.

Bring up stack we have 5 picks available.
Knowing us we will keep a spot available for the preseason or mid year draft.

Good days ahead
Correct, It's Grigg, Ellis, Menadue, Butler, Moore and McIntosh.
So 5, as I think they may well trade for a player if McIntosh goes (contracted for the next two).
Our recruiters would be all over the options on the Freo list like Cerra, Brayshaw or Dixon.
Same with Markov as he has one more year.

Off the rookie list go Weller, Townsend and Aarts. Really good thing is we don't need the older back up of players like these as the kids on the list have shown enough.
Staying on the rookie are Smith and Pickett.
Promoted should be Stack, Baker and Chol.

I think they will add 2 more spots to the senior list to take it to 40 and 6 rookie spots.
So 5 off = 33
Add Stack, Baker, Chol = 36.
4 picks in the draft = 40
4 picks in the rookie makes it 6 with Pickett and Smith.

We will know a little more when we get delistings and finalise trades.

Last edited:

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I like him too, I watch him in the VFL and think, “this bloke has everything to be a good AFL footballer” but bar the odd game it just hasn’t worked out. 39 games in 5 seasons. I wouldn’t be upset if he left for better opportunities and I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him stay.
I like him.
Honestly I don’t want the list to change that much apart from bringing in three or four quality juniors.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Moore Markov Carthwaite and Miller should be looking for better opportunities
Rather keep menadue and get rid the rest.

Ellis pick 20
Bulter pick 55
McIntosh pick 40
We just won the flag and we could possibly have 6-7 new faces at the club..:clap1

So it's Ellis 39, will that make Butler 74 and McIntosh 59?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nope.

Ellis probably more like 45 after other compo picks.
Butler zero as he will be delisted.
McIntosh whatever we can get as he's contracted for the next two.

We won't delist Butler. He will either be traded or given a 1 year extension. My money would be on the first option. Would be a good option for the Saints. I'd take their future 3rd.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We won't delist Butler. He will either be traded or given a 1 year extension. My money would be on the first option. Would be a good option for the Saints. I'd take their future 3rd.
I think after we’ve copped a whack for Ellis the suns might take Menadue and butler for a pick in the 20s.

Suns people might say they owe us nothing after we got lynch for free.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think after we’ve copped a whack for Ellis the suns might take Menadue and butler for a pick in the 20s.

I've not seen them linked at all but if it does I suspect to get a pick in the 20's (Gold Coast only have Pick 20 in that range) then it would be a pick upgrade. ie. Pick 20 for Butler, Menadue and Pick 40. If we can get their 2020 4th I'd be in for sure. Reckon that would be good value for us.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Last night I watched the Freo game on the Fox Tigerthon, Connor was sensational, don't know why he could never cement a spot with us, will be elsewhere next year for no meaningful draft return.
Menadue is definitely c okaying
He is absolutely capable of playing afl footy level but his problem is he does it once of twice and can’t back it up. The trouble with playing for Richmond as a mid is there are always others to take your place.
He is a capable player but I can’t see him cementing a place in our team

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Menadue has been building for a while. This year he showed his best is AFL quality (and then some). So now the question isn't 'Can he?' it's 'Can he consistently?'.

That's a more achievable goal.

The VFL finals were interesting. He's been good there all season, but throughout the finals he was devastating. Precise, scything kicks after 20 metres of pure acceleration. Self designed goals out of nowhere, somehow always when we needed them. He played a comprehensively dominant role as a goal kicking wingman.

Didn't we lose a dual premiership wingman this week?

I'd be keeping him.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Agree. He was the ultimate project player when picked. Finally has the size and strength and we let him go?

Personally, I would call that poor list management.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Suns won't feel any obligation to do us a favourable deal. Compensation was the AFLs decision, not the Suns. In fact the Suns did everything possible by offering Ellis an inflated salary and terms. I think the reality is if not for the Suns an offering to Ellis would have been much less and we'd probably be arguing about why we received a third round pick instead of second. Still doesn't make AFLs decision right but nothing to do with the Suns.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wonder if they're talking to Yarran as well

• Love
Reactions: 3 users