Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Extracts from The Age on Butts moving to Saints:

"Until I saw my name at the Saints, my heart was beating pretty fast.

"It came down to the last five minutes of the trade period so I was getting pretty nervous."

Butler explained how he was able to pose for a photo on social media with a St Kilda jumper from the Indonesian holiday island so soon after officially becoming a Saint.

"One of the boys [former Richmond teammate] Jayden Short picked one up from a Bali market for about 10 bucks I think earlier in the day and had it ready for me," Butler laughed. :mhihi

"I had a meeting with them [Carlton] as well [and] obviously got caught touring the club
which wasn't great for me," he quipped. "It got close but in the end it wasn't to be." hmmm....not surprised

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will be the best performer of the 10 off season signings for the saints.
He has X factor.
Hill..good but just dosent do enough.
Ryder..he was finished 13 years ago.
Jones. besides pace, has no other quality.
Howard. Who? He was dropped from the shiitest port side in 20 years.. say no more

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just watching 2017 replays, and he had great vision, and some real tricks with the ball. In 2019 replays he was a differnet bloke. Totally without confidence, lost his dash, just looked a shadow of the 2017 version. The ankle late in 2018 really messed him up.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Just watching 2017 replays, and he had great vision, and some real tricks with the ball. In 2019 replays he was a differnet bloke. Totally without confidence, lost his dash, just looked a shadow of the 2017 version. The ankle late in 2018 really messed him up.

Rioli castagnfield and bulter turned us into a powerful side.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
For a pick 67, he provided great service and leaves after 45 games as a Tiger legend. And wasn’t a passenger. Played some really good footy but had an elite talent in Bolton coming through. We made the right call playing Bolton ahead of him.

Good get by St Kilda, 23 year old still improving and solves their small forward problem.

Bigoa Nyuon was the Butler pick we got back wasn’t it?

Reactions: 4 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

He had a shocker in the 2017 GF though. I have always thought he might have been concussed in that game. Does anyone know?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He had a shocker in the 2017 GF though. I have always thought he might have been concussed in that game. Does anyone know?

I remember he did take a big hit in a marking contest at some stage.... and kicked that banana in the 4th!

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I remember he did take a big hit in a marking contest at some stage.... and kicked that banana in the 4th!

Yeah, he copped one in the face in a marking contest, although he got up pretty quickly. Should have got a free.

Having watched it so many times now, I felt his grandfinal, notwithstanding his goal, was uncharacteristically poor. Poor decision making and hesitant, and gave away a dumb 50 in the last term that cost us a goal when we had all the momentum. IIRC, should have had a second 50 against him as well in the last qtr.

Not really relevant now I guess.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, he copped one in the face in a marking contest, although he got up pretty quickly. Should have got a free.

Having watched it so many times now, I felt his grandfinal, notwithstanding his goal, was uncharacteristically poor. Poor decision making and hesitant, and gave away a dumb 50 in the last term that cost us a goal when we had all the momentum. IIRC, should have had a second 50 against him as well in the last qtr.

Not really relevant now I guess.

He'd either have a reasonable game and kick 2-3 goals or he'd have a stinker and do not much... he was always good as one of the three amigos applying pressure. In that sense it was a fairly typical game from him I thought. But yeah, he got a premiership medallion out of it!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
had the time of his life last night.

and George had to go see Kingy after the game and get a beard tattooed on the table tennis bat on his ars.

But 3 goals in round 4 aint 5 points in a premiership.

Premiership fringe blokes always do well at other clubs. Its a fact of footy

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will be the best performer of the 10 off season signings for the saints.
He has X factor.
Hill..good but just dosent do enough.
Ryder..he was finished 13 years ago.
Jones. besides pace, has no other quality.
Howard. Who? He was dropped from the shiitest port side in 20 years.. say no more

Pity i cant predict the powerball numbers

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had something to prove. He's quick. Opposition turnover plays straight into his strength. And he used that to his advantage last night. If he played in the Tiger line-up last night I doubt he would have had 5 posses.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
had the time of his life last night.

and George had to go see Kingy after the game and get a beard tattooed on the table tennis bat on his ars.

But 3 goals in round 4 aint 5 points in a premiership.

Premiership fringe blokes always do well at other clubs. Its a fact of footy

even lloydy had a good year last year

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
One Journo have him 3 votes - don’t recall him barely getting a vote with us even in his good games.
He was good last night but not BOG I wouldn’t have thought..

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Comes back to bite us . Speed and skills will always kill . Just needs to get ball in hand . Pressure back to his best last night