Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We were to quick to get rid of him and considering his major injury.He had the best skills and candy of all our forwards.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Let's face it, he wasn't getting a game at Richmond. He is a very good player but had dropped off and was passed by others. I am not surprised he is doing well at StKilda, Butler is a very good player. Sometimes a change of club is the right thing and I'm not convinced he would have earned his spot back in our lineup, although at the moment he would be a good chance.

Good luck to him, I reckon the change has done him good and he seems to fit in well at StKilda. He was clearly a fringe player for us when we let him go and you can only go on the evidence you have at the time. If he has become a regular player in the seniors at StKilda that is fine by me.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
One Journo have him 3 votes - don’t recall him barely getting a vote with us even in his good games.
He was good last night but not BOG I wouldn’t have thought..

BOGG.
Set them up when the game was there to be won.
Jones was good early before getting injured.
Steele was good
The dud Membury was ok
Battle was good too.
My votes 1. Steele 2. Membury 3. BULTER
That snap 35 out on the boundary sealed the 3 votes.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Comes back to bite us . Speed and skills will always kill . Just needs to get ball in hand . Pressure back to his best last night

If gets the ball behind the Defence.
Good luck catching him.
He was good against Footscray
He was Stkilda's best player against the pies. (Because he is the only Stkilda player who knows how to play the G)
And yesterday he was clearly the best on ground.

Reactions: 1 user

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
His killer side step and change of direction at speed is now back.

When he was in and out if the tigers lineup a lot of his running was in straight lines or was getting caught.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
His killer side step and change of direction at speed is now back.

When he was in and out if the tigers lineup a lot of his running was in straight lines or was getting caught.

That ankle injury was a major issue for him.
He looks like he has fully recovered and really comfortable.
No beats the road runner.
Watch any game in 2017, Rioli Castagna and Him are always front and centre in the game.
Can't get over Hill is worth 2 first rounders and Bulter is worth pick 67.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good on Dan fit and firing with a point to prove, good for him.

Probably would've been better off trying to prove the same point last year instead of not going hard enough everytime he got a game.

That is why he got traded.

It may have been a lag in confidence or fitness post syndesmosis injury but he seemed back to his 2017 best.

Had he been performing he would not have been let go.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Butts will go pretty close to an All Australian nod this year. Love seeing him do so well.

Attachments

• 43908977-2637-40A7-9466-82CDDDCF73C3.png
    43908977-2637-40A7-9466-82CDDDCF73C3.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That's pretty impressive, notice Jacob Townsend up there on the tackles too.

Looks like they learned a thing or 2 at Tigerland, would be a revelation for plenty at their new clubs.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He will be the best performer of the 10 off season signings for the saints.
He has X factor.
Hill..good but just dosent do enough.
Ryder..he was finished 13 years ago.
Jones. besides pace, has no other quality.
Howard. Who? He was dropped from the shiitest port side in 20 years.. say no more

I knew this will happen.
He is killing it.
While our smalls are really struggling. Higgins Rioli and castagna.
Besides Aarts.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’d take anything at all for him, however been a Premiership player you would think he’d have to worth a pick around 50, extremely limited footballer imho and has no future at punt Rd , I wish him the best of luck where ever he ends up.

So at this stage it looks like Ellis, Butler, Menadue and possibly Kmac out, that’s a lot of running power
Nice tag thanks ToO , maybe a pick in the 30s

• Haha

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Rioli played an extra game more than Butler this year, yet Butler finished 8th in the JDM and Rioli 12th.

I think it could be debatable.

EDIT: Rioli played two more games than Butler.

Why? Rioli has struggled to kick goals at AFL level this year, and in a VFL game where he should be a class above he kicked 2 points.

Butler has put in strong performances this year, and again on the weekend, but hasn't been able to break back in.

What sort of message does it send to someone like Butler that Rioli gets to roll back into the side off the back of an average performance while Butler can't get back after some strong games?

I adore Daniel, but he's coasting. I want him to earn it.

I have always been a fan of Butler, and I found myself extremely frustrated last year that free passes were handed to Rioli each week, and Butlers efforts seemingly ignored.

Butler would finally break into the side for a week only to be dropped for Rioli who barely did anything of note with his VFL form. No wonder he’s playing like a man possessed. He’s got a point to prove to our selection committee.

I am firmly of the opinion that Butler did not get a level playing field with us last year, and I’m so stoked to see him given the confidence he needed to perform, instead of warming the bench for Rioli.

Reactions: 5 users