Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We are on the lookout for that quick small forward. Maybe we already have one in Alfred.

Saw snippets of him in the game against Box Hill. Didn't get much of it but he definitely has some speed. Has been hit hard by injury. It will be interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the year.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
22nd Man said:
Throw in Maimwaring and the one they called Prince Charles...BRETT Heady. That was a team of champions.

Yep McKenna, Waterman, Lamb, Lewis, McIntosh, Jackovich , Sumich and Brennan too.

Quality outfit.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
We are on the lookout for that quick small forward. Maybe we already have one in Alfred.

Saw snippets of him in the game against Box Hill. Didn't get much of it but he definitely has some speed. Has been hit hard by injury. It will be interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the year.

Glaring weakness in the side. We are winning without one. Will be better with one.

No rush with this lad. Right type, right skillset. We are no longer in the position of having to throw kids out there.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
RFC not KFC said:
Named as emergency to replace Houli tonight? RFC on Twitter http://tige.rs/222OnHn

I like Butler but this earning business doesn't seem to apply across the board muchly!

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
lamb22 said:
I like Butler but this earning business doesn't seem to apply across the board muchly!

Fair call. Butler had his best game for the year last week. As 3rd emergency, I doubt he plays anyway. Perhaps its just a way of acknowledging his good game and encouraging him at the same time.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Or maybe Butler is more a rebounding half back than the other VFL guns

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Baloo said:
Or maybe Butler is more a rebounding half back than the other VFL guns

Except he plays as a lock in small forward. 11 tackles last week makes me think he will never get a game in the 1s if he keeps that up

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
BrisTiger24 said:
Except he plays as a lock in small forward. 11 tackles last week makes me think he will never get a game in the 1s if he keeps that up
Depends if it's the opposition or his team mates he was tackling

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
BrisTiger24 said:

11 tackles. Very impressive. What are his contested marking and 100 metre times like?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Curious as to what the future holds for Butler. 2nd year on the list and yet to make debut. He's got what, 14 weeks(?) after this weekend to make his mark.

If he doesn't, and history (especially at RFC) says he's unlikely, does he get a third year or delistment and possible rookie option?