Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tiggers - Daniel Butler

From what I've seen , I'd be giving him another 6 weeks or so at VFL level and then if forms good get him for the rest of the season, shows something,might be just pace

CC TIGER said:
From what I've seen , I'd be giving him another 6 weeks or so at VFL level and then if forms good get him for the rest of the season, shows something,might be just pace
yep give him another 6 games in the reserves, pick him as his form tapers off then play him out of position for a week or two against the top sides then dump him. That's the Richmond way!

D85 said:
11 tackles, but 0 star jumps...

Yes he has to reduce is tackle count by 10, have 3 broken tackles then he will be ready.

saigon tiger said:
yep give him another 6 games in the reserves, pick him as his form tapers off then play him out of position for a week or two against the top sides then dump him. That's the Richmond way!
15 weeks of a season to go, his form at this point is building but far from outstanding, his really only in his first season due to injury last year, so how bout he gets some reasonable form and fitness first an then gets an oppurtunity to show his skills when his got his confidence up , instead of just throwing him to the wolves when his not ready mentally or physically.

If a player can't stay in reasonable form for more then 6 weeks I'd be delisting at seasons end

Butler won't get a game with 11 tackles.

He must do it consistently every week for the rest of the year.

tigertim said:
Curious as to what the future holds for Butler. 2nd year on the list and yet to make debut. He's got what, 14 weeks(?) after this weekend to make his mark.

If he doesn't, and history (especially at RFC) says he's unlikely, does he get a third year or delistment and possible rookie option?

We usually give players 5 or 6 years on our list before we make a final decision.

He was seen walking the ground with the main group. Might be a debutant tonight.

Hasn't shown much at VFL level so will probably be delisted at seasons end.

Another fail for the recruiting team.....

tigertim said:
Hasn't shown much at VFL level so will probably be delisted at seasons end.

Another fail for the recruiting team.....

Not the kids fault
We can't developed the kids
if tge kid isn't a top 3 pick, he has no chance with us
P.s that Callum moore is another that should be booted. I can't stand players that can't kick.

The guy missed last year, so it is virtually his first year. Would be stiff to be delisted, although as pointed out his form his way down.

Jonesracing82 said:
given injury i'd give him next year.

The club needed a quality small forward and back too, with the far-too-sudden loss of Jake King and decline of Morris over 2015 (but regained a bit of form pre-injury 2016). So what does the club do, take too many, ignoring any possible bigger-bodied players prior in the draft. Anyway, Short, Castagna and Rioli look like making the transition, which means we can allow Dan more time IMO.

Butts has shown glimpses, has good speed and is a tougher type than say, Jeff Garlett. With injury time lost, over last year, worth another year. Maybe last spot, re-rookied for 2017, deserves more time to grow, learn and develop, has got some smarts. New development coaches might make a real difference.

Rancey18 said:
Dont see it with this guy. Expecting him to be delisted at season's end.

"The 18-year-old impressed this season with his speed, endurance and ability to break the lines. "

This is why he was drafted, has had a few injury problems so maybe deserves a bit of slack.

yandb said:
"The 18-year-old impressed this season with his speed, endurance and ability to break the lines. "

This is why he was drafted, has had a few injury problems so maybe deserves a bit of slack.
Dont see it sorry yandb. Seen him a few times now and doesnt really standout to me at all. Hope to be wrong of course, but I'm not expecting anything.

Jonesracing82 said:
given injury i'd give him next year.

Agree. Ive seen glimpses and he is real quick.

Definitely one mire year and he still has time this year to finish positively.

I see him being delisted at the end of the year, Dimma has expressed interest in trying out fellows like McBean, Lennon etc but never Butler.

That being said, no harm in giving him a shot. Season is over, so there is nothing to lose.