Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Not beyond the realms of possibility that he’s still on the list next year.

Cotchin, Reiwoldt, Lambert and Edwards retire. You’ve then got the likes of Aarts, Parker, Martyn and RCD next in line for delistment. That’s eight players before we even factor in any possible trades or look to make any moderately difficult calls like Miller, Dow, Ross, Castagna and Stack.

Club wasn’t aggressive enough turning over the list in its premiership years And will now be forced to carry plenty of players beyond their time.
Since when are premiers aggressive in turning over their list , that’s what bottom 4 clubs do or at a min those that miss the cut , not those that just won flag

Reactions: 1 user

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Just clicked on the comparative ladder, on the AFL website, for the same stage of the 2019 season.
We were fifth, with 10 wins after round 16, 10-6, three wins below Geelong with 13 wins at the top.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If you were to just imagine a typical RCD play in the reserves he'd be standing at the side of the ruck, receive the tap, stand still, turn a bit then flip a 500mm 200mm handball sideways and backwards, eventually.

Static. Uses backwards. No imagination. Predictably pedestrian. He runs backwards. No hurt in his game. Tackles blokes who are nearby. Static player.

About a month ago RCD's use began to improve. Quicker use. Smarter. Indications that he understood the basics of football. A surprise to me. Minor improvement.

As at R17 VFL22, he's levelling up. Runs towards goal. Uses towards goal. Uses quickly or breaks the line. Aggressive running and use. Much smarter use. Plays like a footballer.

Classes above the VFL battler we've seen so far - a dominant VFL mid on Saturday. After years of flatlining Riley is trending up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If you were to just imagine a typical RCD play in the reserves he'd be standing at the side of the ruck, receive the tap, stand still, turn a bit then flip a 500mm handball sideways and backwards eventually.

Static. Uses backwards. No imagination. Predictably pedestrian. He runs backwards. No hurt in his game. Tackles blokes who are nearby. Static player.

About month ago RCD's use began to improve. Quicker use. Smarter. Indications that he understood the basics of football. A surprise to me. Minor improvement.

As at R17 VFL22, he's levelling up. Runs towards goal. Uses towards goal. Uses quickly or breaks the line. Aggressive running and use. Much smarter use. Plays like a footballer.

Classes above the VFL battler we've seen so far - a dominant VFL mid on Saturday. After years of flatlining Riley is trending up.

I don't watch enough VFL to know, but if this is the case then give him a chance in the AFL. We need to know if he can improve and we need to know this year because I reckon if he doesn't get a game in 2022 he will be delisted.

DS

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
If you were to just imagine a typical RCD play in the reserves he'd be standing at the side of the ruck, receive the tap, stand still, turn a bit then flip a 500mm handball sideways and backwards eventually.

About month ago RCD's use began to improve. Quicker use. Smarter. Indications that he understood the basics of football. A surprise to me. Minor improvement.

We’ve seen these false dawns before with RCD. Played well in the 2019 VFL finals and again last year before getting his first game. Problem is this is not his natural state. His natural state is closer to the static, backward uninvolved player you first described.

Four years in and we are still looking for signs of hope. Personally, I’ve seen enough to make a decision but he may yet survive due to other factors.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I don't watch enough VFL to know, but if this is the case then give him a chance in the AFL. We need to know if he can improve and we need to know this year because I reckon if he doesn't get a game in 2022 he will be delisted.

DS
I reckon they should play as many kids as possible now.
We aren't going anywhere with the senior players anyway.
Edwards out would be a start, but big bad busling Hardwick dosent play juniors when senior players are available. It has been like that since day 1. If Hardwick has one massive flaw it's he reliance on always going to the senior players not trusting the kids.
The final in 13 when he brought back Griffens & Conca has been the bench mark.
Maybe Collier Dawkins is thinking to himself, I would've played more senior games at Essendon or Adelaide., that's the type of kid he might be like and he has just given up. Not alll kids want to wait 2 or 3 years to have a run, they there mates get opportunity else where and they don't give a *smile* how successful the club is. The games I've seen (4 vfl games) he has been MIA.
Its sad that after 5 Drafts we still are searching the replacements for Lambert, Cotchin, & Edwards.
I hope from the fabulous 5 picks under 30. 2 become A graders.
Sony TV looked silky Matty Knights like.
Geelong bent us over when we traded our first pick last year or the year before and they picked up another running machine in Max Holmes. He looks quality.

Last edited:

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

DS

RFC has plans and benchmarks for RCD, David. For promotion. I can't imagine he's often anything but behind them.

I'm very much of the school - no promotion on one game. A body of work. But we are a bit desperate atm, brother.

RCD's last game was newsworthy. Most unlike his usual game. I wouldn't mind if it did it again and then regularly.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We’ve seen these false dawns before with RCD. Played well in the 2019 VFL finals and again last year before getting his first game. Problem is this is not his natural state. His natural state is closer to the static, backward uninvolved player you first described.

Four years in and we are still looking for signs of hope. Personally, I’ve seen enough to make a decision but he may yet survive due to other factors.

Not many have faith in RCD's stocks, TF. I mention the game because all-new indicators. Line breaking. Smart use by hand and foot.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
If you were to just imagine a typical RCD play in the reserves he'd be standing at the side of the ruck, receive the tap, stand still, turn a bit then flip a 500mm 200mm handball sideways and backwards, eventually.

About a month ago RCD's use began to improve. Quicker use. Smarter. Indications that he understood the basics of football. A surprise to me. Minor improvement.

Which club is he going to?

• Haha

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I personally think RCD is a lock for our list next year.

Not sure if he deserves it, but unless someone offers as a trade deal we can't ignore, he is in the lucky position of having a number of players in the 'out the door' queue before him.

Reactions: 4 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I think RCD played 2 or 3 games this year one was pretty good the other 2 just par. But I reckon that form line is better than a few others who get mentioned alot on here and continue to get picked

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Watching the twos at the moment. Tiges have a top up player called Fraser Elliot. Looks a bit slow, not much muscle definition, solid build, doesn't look like a runner, don't know if he has a tank. However in one half of football he has showed more footy nous than Collier Dawkins and Dow have in three years.

Natural footballer who is eons a better midfielder than the above mentioned. Just not AFL material I guess!

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Watching the twos at the moment. Tiges have a top up player called Fraser Elliot. Looks a bit slow, not much muscle definition, solid build, doesn't look like a runner, don't know if he has a tank. However in one half of football he has showed more footy nous than Collier Dawkins and Dow have in three years.

Natural footballer who is eons a better midfielder than the above mentioned. Just not AFL material I guess!

Fraser Elliot

5/7/2002, 188cm, 89kg, inside mid

Elliot, an Oakleigh Chargers graduate will shore up the VFL Tigers’ midfield stocks in 2022, having committed to the program full time.

Only 20, might be OK in a fulltime AFL environment.