Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
That bloke is an absolute dud and a loser.
You need to seperate Christian Woodford the show man from CW the professional S&C.

Yes he is a lunatic and probably has a half dozen mental disorders. That he tried to end it all a few years back supports this.

As an S&C guy, his theory's, training methodology etc.. are that of a completely sane and rational man. I know a few people that have/are training with him. They said they were quite underwhelmed at the start as everything was so basic and they were expecting all the bells and whistles and newest and funkiest exercises which is not him. Keeps things very simple.

Reactions: 1 user

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
He's an average strength and conditioning coach, but used social media very quickly to build his brand.

For what it's worth, I was a strength and conditioning coach in 2 VFL programs, 1 AFL program, and 1 NAB League program.

There are many great coaches out there in the private sector who do things quietly, he isnt one of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
He's an average strength and conditioning coach, but used social media very quickly to build his brand.

For what it's worth, I was a strength and conditioning coach in 2 VFL programs, 1 AFL program, and 1 NAB League program.

There are many great coaches out there in the private sector who do things quietly, he isnt one of them.
In what way is he average?
And building a profile on social media…gee that’s unique!!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Yes and no. For most you'll get a marginal improvement, which you could describe as very little thats true, but at the top level that can be significant.
Correct running technique is a skill like everything else. They actually teach running techniques at an early stage at schools in the States. Unfortunately they don’t here and yet speed and agility are required for almost professional sports these days.
You can get massive results if the athlete puts the extra work in. At all levels. Practice and repetition the key.
Bohdan also concentrates on sport specific footwork which aids running efficiency and can really help with agility.
My boys all trained with him and can’t recommend him highly enough.

Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Correct running technique is a skill like everything else. They actually teach running techniques at an early stage at schools in the States. Unfortunately they don’t here and yet speed and agility are required for almost professional sports these days.
You can get massive results if the athlete puts the extra work in. At all levels. Practice and repetition the key.
Bohdan also concentrates on sport specific footwork which aids running efficiency and can really help with agility.
Very few people including PE teachers can teach proper running technique. It’s a great skill to have

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
With all due respect to Riley and he may prove me wrong, but his opportunities with us have closed now. With the depth in the midfield we now have, we no longer have to wait for the penny to drop for him (if that was the issue and several people have alluded to the fact that he didn’t take criticism well and/or paid attention to it). I had high hopes for him when we drafted him but, to date, his performance just hasn’t cut the mustard. He might end up a triple premiership player with the Tiges, but for mine, his opportunities are better elsewhere now. And unless there is a massive uplift to attract attention, in a short period of time, it might be a case of “whatever happened to”…….

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I reckon RCD is safe. In order, Aarts, Martyn and Stack would be ahead of him on the chopping block and I can only see us delisting another two max

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I have heard he is in limbo. He hasn’t been told one way or another if he is being offered a contract.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I remember Dan Connors launching off the wrong foot at the combine, poor technique can have a telling effect on sprint times.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I am figuring he is heading for delisting. A real shame but just not sure where he now fits even if he does turn things around. He seems like he is 4th in line for every conceivable spot he might take on our list.

What I am surprised about though is that no other club, apparently, has made an offer for him. I'd have thought a team like North or West Coast, might take a punt on a possibly undeveloped talent who has done a number of pre-seasons. Maybe waiting to see if he gets delisted? But not a good sign when even the bottom feeders or perennial try-hards the Bombers don't seem interested.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We have 32 players on the main list
2 players need to be upgraded (Stack & Pickett)
2 Players have been traded in

Total = 36 thats without any delistings
we can have 38 main list spots + 6 Rookies

I stand to be corrected but im thinking we can still draft 2 players without delisting any players

Reactions: 1 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
I am figuring he is heading for delisting. A real shame but just not sure where he now fits even if he does turn things around. He seems like he is 4th in line for every conceivable spot he might take on our list.

What I am surprised about though is that no other club, apparently, has made an offer for him. I'd have thought a team like North or West Coast, might take a punt on a possibly undeveloped talent who has done a number of pre-seasons. Maybe waiting to see if he gets delisted? But not a good sign when even the bottom feeders or perennial try-hards the Bombers don't seem interested.
The thing with RCD is he was coming from a mile back, his endurance was bottom 10%, this is clearly improving & so have his VFL numbers. I would re-rookie him at a bare minimum, there were flashes last year, it was something approaching his junior form.

Reactions: 6 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The thing with RCD is he was coming from a mile back, his endurance was bottom 10%, this is clearly improving & so have his VFL numbers. I would re-rookie him at a bare minimum, there were flashes last year, it was something approaching his junior form.
If we could delist and Rookie list him that would be the perfect outcome and would give him the extra year or maybe 2

Stack & Pickett need to be upgraded (if stack remains)
Aarts - Should be delisted and parker gone so thats 4 Rookie list spots with Bauer taking 1 leaving 3 Rookie spots

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
If we could delist and Rookie list him that would be the perfect outcome and would give him the extra year or maybe 2

Aarts - Should be delisted and parker gone so thats 4 Rookie list spots with Bauer taking 1 leaving 3 Rookie spots
I’d be trying to trade him for a pick upgrade if possible.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

I don't mind putting players back on the rookie list, sometimes they get the rocket they need. Didn't Chol get demoted at some stage?

Reactions: 3 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Yes, that's how he was able to leave as an unrestricted FA
That rocket took him all the way to sin city, good on him, we at least got compensated although I think he's worth a bit more now. Good draft that one, Chol, Broad & Markov all picked from 50 onwards.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
That rocket took him all the way to sin city, good on him, we at least got compensated although I think he's worth a bit more now. Good draft that one, Chol, Broad & Markov all picked from 50 onwards.
It bodes well for us this yr that we have a good record in that range. How do you rate our off season thus far pre Draft?

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
It bodes well for us this yr that we have a good record in that range. How do you rate our off season thus far pre Draft?
I think it's been solid, the sinkhole around the late 30s picks will add a bit more luster, the downgrade from pick 31 might not be so bad, hopefully enough to get Lemmey, that would be ideal. If not then I'd roll the dice on Gruzewski, I don't necessarily believe he'll be a permanent forward but I'm eying him off for the Grimes role. He looks to be an elite mark with decent kicking skills, hopefully the tank is solid.

Reactions: 1 users