Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I don't mind putting players back on the rookie list, sometimes they get the rocket they need. Didn't Chol get demoted at some stage?
Heard another AFL list manager talk about delisting then putting a kid on the rookie list. He felt it took the pressure of the kid where they could get back to work and develop without the year to year risk of being cut entirely from the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Shirley Martyn & FAarts would be the ones delisted?
Very likely.
i am serious leslie nielsen GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
In what way is he average?
And building a profile on social media…gee that’s unique!!
Like I said, he was one of the first in this country to push S&C on social media and build that brand and create that niche for himself, good on him for seeing a market that was fairly wide open in this country. Didnt say it was 'unique' or right or wrong :rolleyes:
It was always a concern for us if players went to him, often times it was younger players too, as theyd be worked overly hard without care for how it would impact their club programming, or at NAB level without regard to testing days. He is good at teaching how to lift and those style of mechanics, and has good equipment.
You seem to have an opinion on him, which is fine. Each to their own.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We have 32 players on the main list
2 players need to be upgraded (Stack & Pickett)
2 Players have been traded in

Total = 36 thats without any delistings
we can have 38 main list spots + 6 Rookies

I stand to be corrected but im thinking we can still draft 2 players without delisting any players

Sorry turk I don't think this is right.

List sizes are 42 + upto 2 Cat B rookies which is why we had 43 list sports filled at the start of the year. We had 36 on the main list, 6 rookies and 1 cat b rookie.

We have lost 3 off the main list (Caddy, Lambert and Edwards) and added 2 (Hopper and Taranto) which leaves us at 35 on the main list right now.
We have lost 1 rookie (Parker) and gained a rookie (Bauer) so we still have 6 rookies.

As you say we need to promote Pickett (a guarantee) and Stack if we want to keep him, we can delist him and retake him in the RD if he is still there but obviously a risk that other clubs will take him.

Assuming we promote both then we would have 37 on the main list and 4 rookies with 1 spot open.

Yes we could draft 1 (upto 38) without delisting anyone but the other thing to consider is we went heavy on rookies as we get the 1st $80k for each rookie outside of the cap, so essentially its a growth to the cap of $480k and I suspect we will continue to try and maintain that as it helps us to managed the cap especially with bringing in both Hopper and Taranto for around $1.4m.

So my suspicion is we will try and keep the main list around 36.

So if we promote Pickett and Stack then we will need to delist 3 off the main list in order to free up 2 spots for the draft.

Our main list OOc players are: Martyn and RCD. I think clubs have managed to delist players that are contracted and pick them up as rookies (we might do that with Dow potentially) in order to free up the list space.

I think Martyn is gone, and RCD / Stack / Dow are at significant risk. I suspect Aarts will go to free up another rookie list spot.

Reactions: 5 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I agree. I suspect we will re-rookie him and maybe thats the kick up the arse he has needed to get himself a running coach.
If a running coach can teach him the desire to work hard without the footy I am all for it

Suggest he also seek out a “resilience” coach, because I have long held the belief he lacks some

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If a running coach can teach him the desire to work hard without the footy I am all for it

Suggest he also seek out a “resilience” coach, because I have long held the belief he lacks some

If someone could come up with a way to inject some of Bakes desire and resilience into RCD then maybe we have a player but I feel the same as you. His issue isn't necessarily talent (although I don't think he plays the game in a smart way either) but his desire to succeed.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

First thing a running coach would teach him is it's easier to run when you're not tripping over your bottom lip.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
If someone could come up with a way to inject some of Bakes desire and resilience into RCD then maybe we have a player but I feel the same as you. His issue isn't necessarily talent (although I don't think he plays the game in a smart way either) but his desire to succeed.
And if your Aunty had balls she would be your uncle

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
I would think a players desire and resilience would be on show just as much in the development leagues as any other skill.

Why would we recruit someone who doesn’t show these attributes?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Hartley just said RCD and Stack were told they would be informed after trade period so logically you would think now they will be gone or rookies at best.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Sorry turk I don't think this is right.

List sizes are 42 + upto 2 Cat B rookies which is why we had 43 list sports filled at the start of the year. We had 36 on the main list, 6 rookies and 1 cat b rookie.

We have lost 3 off the main list (Caddy, Lambert and Edwards) and added 2 (Hopper and Taranto) which leaves us at 35 on the main list right now.
We have lost 1 rookie (Parker) and gained a rookie (Bauer) so we still have 6 rookies.

As you say we need to promote Pickett (a guarantee) and Stack if we want to keep him, we can delist him and retake him in the RD if he is still there but obviously a risk that other clubs will take him.

Assuming we promote both then we would have 37 on the main list and 4 rookies with 1 spot open.

Yes we could draft 1 (upto 38) without delisting anyone but the other thing to consider is we went heavy on rookies as we get the 1st $80k for each rookie outside of the cap, so essentially its a growth to the cap of $480k and I suspect we will continue to try and maintain that as it helps us to managed the cap especially with bringing in both Hopper and Taranto for around $1.4m.

So my suspicion is we will try and keep the main list around 36.

So if we promote Pickett and Stack then we will need to delist 3 off the main list in order to free up 2 spots for the draft.

Our main list OOc players are: Martyn and RCD. I think clubs have managed to delist players that are contracted and pick them up as rookies (we might do that with Dow potentially) in order to free up the list space.

I think Martyn is gone, and RCD / Stack / Dow are at significant risk. I suspect Aarts will go to free up another rookie list spot.
Dow is out of contract?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dow is out of contract?

No, but teams have delisted contracted players before so they can pick them up as rookies. We have ti pick him up as a rookie though if he's contracted rather than saying we will consider re-rooking them when they are delisted uncontracted players.