Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

No, but teams have delisted contracted players before so they can pick them up as rookies. We have ti pick him up as a rookie though if he's contracted rather than saying we will consider re-rooking them when they are delisted uncontracted players.
Got it.
Except for the part after No,

Got it.
Except for the part after No,

Its unlikely to happen, especially if Stack is delisted. If both RCD and Stack are delisted (then no promotion), then we would have 34 on the main list going into the draft with 2 selections and a Pickett to upgrade for our min 3 main list changes.

We then delist Aarts IMO, and then decide on our rookies with 3 spots, I reckon 1 of RCD / Stack would be re rookied then add 1 other at the RD and then take a pre-season pick by having a number of train on players like we have had several times over the last couple of years.

Reactions: 2 users
No, but teams have delisted contracted players before so they can pick them up as rookies. We have ti pick him up as a rookie though if he's contracted rather than saying we will consider re-rooking them when they are delisted uncontracted players.
are you sure about that, In effect that is being Capuano'd & that doesn't happen often.

In fact, I am certain you are wrong, clubs delist UNcontracted players with a promise to rookie them, but not contracted players

Reactions: 1 users
are you sure about that, In effect that is being Capuano'd & that doesn't happen often.

In fact, I am certain you are wrong, clubs delist UNcontracted players with a promise to rookie them, but not contracted players

Didn't the Suns do it last year? They delisted Greenwood and another (might have been Rory Thompson) whilst still in contract with the view to pick them back up again in the draft. I suspect if you don't do it, then both them and the new draftee would need to be paid out of the following years cap.

Even if we could do it, I doubt we would anyway, its not the best way to trear your players but I do think we will try and maintain the list balance of 36 on the main list and 6 rookies, to take advantage of the out of the cap payments.

Didn't the Suns do it last year? They delisted Greenwood and another (might have been Rory Thompson) whilst still in contract with the view to pick them back up again in the draft. I suspect if you don't do it, then both them and the new draftee would need to be paid out of the following years cap.

Even if we could do it, I doubt we would anyway, its not the best way to trear your players but I do think we will try and maintain the list balance of 36 on the main list and 6 rookies, to take advantage of the out of the cap payments.
Na, both out of contract

Reactions: 1 user
Na, both out of contract

Greenwood was definitely contracted for 2022 when he was delisted by the Suns. Whether that means he had to go to the ND instead of the RD I'm not sure and thats where we wouldn't be making that call if they were forced to the ND as delisted players.

Sorry turk I don't think this is right.

List sizes are 42 + upto 2 Cat B rookies which is why we had 43 list sports filled at the start of the year. We had 36 on the main list, 6 rookies and 1 cat b rookie.

We have lost 3 off the main list (Caddy, Lambert and Edwards) and added 2 (Hopper and Taranto) which leaves us at 35 on the main list right now.
We have lost 1 rookie (Parker) and gained a rookie (Bauer) so we still have 6 rookies.

As you say we need to promote Pickett (a guarantee) and Stack if we want to keep him, we can delist him and retake him in the RD if he is still there but obviously a risk that other clubs will take him.

Assuming we promote both then we would have 37 on the main list and 4 rookies with 1 spot open.

Yes we could draft 1 (upto 38) without delisting anyone but the other thing to consider is we went heavy on rookies as we get the 1st $80k for each rookie outside of the cap, so essentially its a growth to the cap of $480k and I suspect we will continue to try and maintain that as it helps us to managed the cap especially with bringing in both Hopper and Taranto for around $1.4m.

So my suspicion is we will try and keep the main list around 36.

So if we promote Pickett and Stack then we will need to delist 3 off the main list in order to free up 2 spots for the draft.

Our main list OOc players are: Martyn and RCD. I think clubs have managed to delist players that are contracted and pick them up as rookies (we might do that with Dow potentially) in order to free up the list space.

I think Martyn is gone, and RCD / Stack / Dow are at significant risk. I suspect Aarts will go to free up another rookie list spot.
I was going by this

If what you are saying is correct then we delist both Stack ,Martyn, Aarts & RCD and possibly Rookie list RCD/SS
if we see any chance of them making it otherwise then clean slate

If what you are saying is correct then we delist both Stack ,Martyn, Aarts & RCD and possibly Rookie list RCD/SS
if we see any chance of them making it otherwise then clean slate

Aarts and Martyn are dead to me.

If we rookie RCD and Stack what does that leave us in ND selections and/or RD selections?

Aarts and Martyn are dead to me.

If we rookie RCD and Stack what does that leave us in ND selections and/or RD selections?
Our list would be 33 senior listed
6 Rookies
1 Cat B

So if the 42 list spot limit is correct that should leave 2 spots

So, if we delist and rookie list RCD, we get one pick regardless of ND or RD?

Sorry for ignorance, I'm tapping away at a major commercial deal at the same time as wondering what the RFC posiition is
I stand to be corrected but if the 36 senior list and 6 rookie list model is to be used then by delisting RCD and rookie listing both Stack and RCD
thats leaves us with 2 ND selections and 0 Psd/rookie selections

I'd rather offer the rookie spot to someone else.

I think a good list reform would be rookies must be just that,

Rookies.

Newcomers, green, untried, smokeys, beginners.

The spuds have had a chance, send them bush and give a kid a crack

I think it would benefit clubs too.

Way to many blokes get 3 years to long imo

Reactions: 2 users
I think a good list reform would be rookies must be just that,

Rookies.

Newcomers, green, untried, smokeys, beginners.

The spuds have had a chance, send them bush and give a kid a crack

I think it would benefit clubs too.

Way to many blokes get 3 years to long imo

Miller was cut then put onto the rookie list

Reactions: 1 users