Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
The news showed him going gung ho in the gym lifting weights, but I don't think a lack strength was his problem. It was more his lack of stamina which prevented him from anything more than a game here or there at AFL level. If he does make it with another club then good luck to him, but I still think we made the right decision delisting him.

Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’m pretty confident he will get a spot. He might be a slow burn, I understand why we moved him on.

But I still think he can make the grade.

Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I’m pretty confident he will get a spot. He might be a slow burn, I understand why we moved him on.

I always saw a bit in him and thought he was denied ops that perhaps should have gone his way eg , the games Matt Parker got , rcd could have min returned whatever MP bought to the table

Reactions: 5 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would have offered him a rookie spot , Some players do take longer and he looks like he may have been a bit introverted when he arrived and Covid didnt help his situation. Worth a shot 1-2 years as a rookie

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wish he had of proved his knockers wrong last year
Would even have been happy for him to prove his knockers wrong this year. Why wait till you've had the size ten up the freckle to prove how good you think you can be?

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Had 4 years in the system to wake the fup and demand a spot
when given opportunity he just wouldn’t chase if he didn’t have the ball
in 2022 when we were desperately in need of a mid to step up he just wasn’t interested

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I always saw a bit in him and thought he was denied ops that perhaps should have gone his way eg , the games Matt Parker got , rcd could have min returned whatever MP bought to the table
Might be similarly talented as Parker, but Parker worked his arse off both ways on the ground. R2D2 did a lot of spectating n shuffling around the ground if he wasn't directly involved at the coal face.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
From little I saw of him he lacked awareness around the ball, liked to do a bit of ball watching and generally a bit introverted. Maybe another club will help him mature as an AFL footballer but it won't happen at Punt Road

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just watch the 2021 Richmond Collingwood game when he David Copperfield after half time.
Good enough for a bottom 6 team, not in a top 4 team.
No endurance, good fit for stkilda or Essendon

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
when given opportunity he just wouldn’t chase if he didn’t have the ball
this could be exactly why they moved him on ..

and cheap of him to get on the telly and vow to go hard ..

bit of a tosser really ..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yep, had his chance at Richmond. Doubt he was going to get better with us. Good luck if he can make it elsewhere but he has a fair few areas of his game he has a lot of work to do on, as mentioned a few times above.

DS

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The news showed him going gung ho in the gym lifting weights, but I don't think a lack strength was his problem. It was more his lack of stamina which prevented him from anything more than a game here or there at AFL level. If he does make it with another club then good luck to him, but I still think we made the right decision delisting him.
So why is he in the gym doing weights? Wrong diagnosis/advice from our side? Sometimes realising that you don't have a job anymore can really shock and wake you up. This will be interesting to see if he does get picked up and how he performs.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Like Stacky he's had a number of years in the system to make his mark and for whatever reason hasn't. The chances of him leaping forward in year five are small. Not impossible, sure.....but no more likely than bringing on a new draftee and giving him a chance. Like Stack...had a chance, couldn't put it together. Best wishes, hope he succeeds somewhere else.

But the gig is up at Richmond. End of story

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
A few learned judges still think he's worth a spot on an AFL list.

Would love to know on what traits he has shown?

Kicking No. Pace No. Evasiveness No. Tenacity No. A Step No.

What else is Leysy missing.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think it is unfair to criticise RCD for this but some like to give outgoing players a clip on the way out!
He is a 22 year old kid who probably thought he was going to be an afl player for years and has been delisted. He is doing what he can to get redrafted.
Most players who get delisted have deficiencies, that’s why they get delisted !! That may be related to talent, athleticism, desire or hard work and if Riley believes he can work on his and get better then good luck to him. If he is in denial of his shortcomings he would not be the only 22 year old to lack a bit of self awareness.
Personally I think he is adequate at many things as a footballer but not exceptional at anything which means he will probably always be a fringe player capable of the odd good game at afl level.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

Fair call.

Personally I think much of it has to do with his height. Some people go a bit weak at the knee for a midfielder over 190cm and lose objectivity. If RCD was 10cm shorter he’d never have been drafted on his junior form.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Nothing.

Bit over the whole Collier Dawkins thing. Always meh…always will be. Nothing dynamic or top level with any part of his game. Move on.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Nothing.

Bit over the whole Collier Dawkins thing. Always meh…always will be. Nothing dynamic or top level with any part of his game. Move on.
remember the bad years, where we hoped certain players would improve after being in the system for 3 yrs? we need players that make some impact (Gibus, Sonie, Ralphsmith, Cumbo, MJ, Clarke. Then we know these players will improve. RCD & Stacky had their chances, if they make it elsewhere my best wishes to them, as they are not going to make it at Richmond. Get the players that have some impact!

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Thats what drives the AFL talent merry-go-round.

For every tyson stengle, i reckon theres at least 50 patrick naishs.

I dont judge Riley for doing the 'ill prove them wrong' press release,

He has a decent manager, who knows his client can earn another $1m, without really doing that much.

If list managers could 1. Use evidence to reflect on their fear of looking stupid and 2. Get a bit creative in their talent assessment

We'd have more talent, more flexible lists, more diverse talent,

And a better game