Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

ThePercies said:
For people who have watched the first two rounds of the VFL, how has Riley looked?

Like a promising gangly junior playing seniors a year early. Another preseason and he'll be breaking tackles easier and running out games better.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Like a promising gangly junior playing seniors a year early. Another preseason and he'll be breaking tackles easier and running out games better.

I know it's horses for courses but so far RCD has been left behind by Stack and Ross.

UKTiger said:
I know it's horses for courses but so far RCD has been left behind by Stack and Ross.
He can’t play like he did as a junior because he gets ragdolled by the big boys. Every now and again you see it, he will be a player but he has to get an afl body first for his role

Sintiger said:
He can’t play like he did as a junior because he gets ragdolled by the big boys. Every now and again you see it, he will be a player but he has to get an afl body first for his role

Exactly how I see it as well.

UKTiger said:

At 18/19 years of age it is meaningless who gets first go in the seniors.

RCD was named in the centre in the seconds so that gives an isea of the long term plan for him. We can wait for him to develop properly. Needs to build his endurance and learn to compete for four quarters.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

Look at Charlie Constable in year 2, that’s the path RCD will try to follow.

Sintiger said:
Precisely.

Riley Collier-Dawkins - 18 disposals, 11 contested possessions, five clearances & six handball receives
“A strong body, he started the game really well. His 18 disposals, 11 contested, were a feature, as well as five clearances. It was really pleasing to see him play to his strengths.”

Smoking Aces said:
Riley Collier-Dawkins - 18 disposals, 11 contested possessions, five clearances & six handball receives
“A strong body, he started the game really well. His 18 disposals, 11 contested, were a feature, as well as five clearances. It was really pleasing to see him play to his strengths.”

Good signs. Good numbers in areas we know he can excel.

Building depth in the right areas.

SCOOP said:
Good signs. Good numbers in areas we know he can excel.

Building depth in the right areas.
Needs to follow the Bont path. Steady, steady then bang.

It’s exciting to see his Under 18’s contested work looks to be carrying over, despite going from big fish in a little pond to little fish in a big pond.

Our midfield contested stuff probably our biggest area that requires improvement, so knowing we’ve got a 193cm contested bull coming through is extremely comforting.

They are good numbers for a kid who lacks endurance and is now playing his first couple of games against men at a higher level, Happy not to see RCD & Turner in the seniors until 2020 and have a big pre season to build strength and endurance and comes into seniors when he is ready and make an impact.

We have him for 15 years so there will be alot of highlights to come

last years draft could prove to be the most significant of our reign.

3 contested beasts in Ross, RCD, Stackman with Turner sounding like passionfruit icing.

we seem to have addressed a deficiency in one draft.

dont forget the guy in the helmet.. born to extract. really surprised he doesnt get any attention in this forum