Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
TigerFlag2017 said:
Interesting comment.

Neither Peggy or Benny would be allowed the equivelent decision at Richmond. It is Neil Balme's role to determine the coach and recommend to the Board.

Given Cain Little is a richmond man, I would have expected him to institute this and break the old carlton power plays.

Cain LIDDLE

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
SCOOP said:
Yep heard similar, poor kid caught in the middle.

He’s close to a game. So clean and good in traffic.

Needs to get fitter for sure but tracking the same as RCD.

Both very good prospects.

Heard from a go source that Stocker got a bit ahead of himself.
Was asked to leave at least one team meeting ......

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
T-Shirt Tommy said:
This is another issue I have - how can a list manager have 2 sons recruited to play in the same club? How is this not the biggest conflict of interest? If a situation comes up in the future when 1 final player has to be delisted at years end, and the decision has to be made between Jack Silvagni and another equally poorly performed player, how can he honestly choose without bias?

Wasn't there someone at another club who quit the club when his son was selected because of conflicts of interest? It clearly should have happened here because there's no way SOS can make an impartial decision.

Smoking Aces said:
Stocker has been good at VFL level. But still can’t get a game.

Bolton reluctant to drop a big name to play him.

Cain Little looking for an out to get rid of Bolton but the president is a huge fan.

Is this something you've heard?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
IanG said:
Wasn't there someone at another club who quit the club when his son was selected because of conflicts of interest? It clearly should have happened here because there's no way SOS can make an impartial decision.

Francis Bourke stood down from team manager role or similar at RFC when David was drafted.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
IanG said:

Sure is.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
IanG said:

I assume you’re referring to the Denis and Ryan Pagan scenario.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I’m guessing they are holding this kid back for a reason.
But why did we pick him before Ross?
Were we not expecting Ross to perform like he has?
What’s RCD got to work on to get picked?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
DirtyDogTiger said:

RCD touted as more of a prodigy than a readymade star, may take a bit more time to excel. He relied on his on his height and strength to win ball at TAC level, against men will take a little time to adjust.
Might still be dealing with growing pains, he seems to being managed a bit with his workload at training more so than Ross, also I reckon TOG, (time on ground), in VFL games is relatively low?
It was acknowledged by RCD himself and draft watchers that endurance needed to improve, so ability to run out games and get contest to contest.

Encouraging game in VFL on weekend, happy for him develop under Fly for a bit longer yet.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
DirtyDogTiger said:

Jack didn't get selected for the Under 18 Championships, not sure if it was because of injury. Would've been marked down for not playing in the Championships.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
RCD was a very highly rated player prior to the draft but never a player that was considered to be ready to go for 2018

His number 1 issue is his tank and the ability to get from contest to contest which also affects his possession count, In 12-24 months this will naturally increase as he already has the ability to win his own ball but will have the fitness to get to the next play and add link up to his game.

He has jumped up from Tac to VFL well and is getting similar numbers at this level in his first few games and adjusted well , Once confident and more fitness and strength he will start to use his assets better and with the knowledge of the Richmond game style will know where to run after the initial center clearance

I would think he gets 2-3 games at most in the seniors just for a taste but would doubt it would be more unless we get alot more injuries to mids

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
even if they thought ross would impact and be better than rcd in 2019, tiges knew we could get ross in 2nd round,the knock on him was fitness and training standards which he thought was ok untill tiges shocked him into upping his fitness and training which it seams as placed him back to a first round pick which was where he was in under 16,s.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This kid has a lot to offer. Cant wait to see him play alongside Ross, Higgins, Stack and Houli over the next 10 years