Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

felixflea said:
dont forget the guy in the helmet.. born to extract. really surprised he doesnt get any attention in this forum
If English can become a gun tagger we will have addressed most of our deficiencies.

felixflea said:
dont forget the guy in the helmet.. born to extract. really surprised he doesnt get any attention in this forum

Played midfield against Port and did well, good early signs going by the VFL report. Another extractor would be great, and then there's RCD.

felixflea said:

Reckon English's lack of pace may be an issue?

Smoking Aces said:
Riley Collier-Dawkins - 18 disposals, 11 contested possessions, five clearances & six handball receives
“A strong body, he started the game really well. His 18 disposals, 11 contested, were a feature, as well as five clearances. It was really pleasing to see him play to his strengths.”

Watched the game. He was right in the engine room. Damn he looks so big already out there.

Am I right that his running patterns and positioning to keep himself involved in games through link up play is his big deficiency? I can't remember if that was the knock, but the 11 CP possessions in a game with a total of 18 disposals would make sense.

I know before Cripps was drafted his contested, and link up work specifically were his stand outs.

The RCD verses Stocker comparison now officially underway

VFL on the weekend, AFL site had the following in their VFL watch

RCD on 18 disposals
Shocker on 17 disposals

Now it’s clearly early days but it’s obvious that our man is ahead of the Shocker by a whopping margin tracking at over 5% more disposals already. ::)

The Stocker trade is causing all sorts of issues at Carlton.

The trade aside which could be embarrassing especially if Adelaide keep on winning, but SOS not happy that he is not playing. A bit of tension between him and Bolton.

Smoking Aces said:

The trade aside which could be embarrassing especially if Adelaide keep on winning, but SOS not happy that he is not playing. A bit of tension between him and Bolton.

Yep heard similar, poor kid caught in the middle.

He’s close to a game. So clean and good in traffic.

Needs to get fitter for sure but tracking the same as RCD.

Both very good prospects.

Smoking Aces said:

If the above is true, then WTF is SOS unhappy? His job is to recruit them, not to decide who plays and when.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
If the above is true, then WTF is SOS unhappy? His job is to recruit them, not to decide who plays and when.

SOS will look like a dill if the kid doesn’t impact at AFL level when he’s put this years 1st rounder on the line to recruit him.

T-Shirt Tommy said:

Perhaps his son will be dropped for him.

MB78 said:
Perhaps his son will be dropped for him.

This is another issue I have - how can a list manager have 2 sons recruited to play in the same club? How is this not the biggest conflict of interest? If a situation comes up in the future when 1 final player has to be delisted at years end, and the decision has to be made between Jack Silvagni and another equally poorly performed player, how can he honestly choose without bias?

SCOOP said:
Yep heard similar, poor kid caught in the middle.

He’s close to a game. So clean and good in traffic.

Needs to get fitter for sure but tracking the same as RCD.

Both very good prospects.
Stocker has been good at VFL level. But still can’t get a game.

Bolton reluctant to drop a big name to play him.

Cain Little looking for an out to get rid of Bolton but the president is a huge fan.

Tigertool said:
SOS will look like a dill if the kid doesn’t impact at AFL level when he’s put this years 1st rounder on the line to recruit him.

Maybe we should start getting in his ear then ..... that would be good craic to pinch him after they thought they had stooged us :hihi

If he can play that is ;)

Smoking Aces said:

There are about 18 small names he could drop.

Smoking Aces said:

Cain Little looking for an out to get rid of Bolton but the president is a huge fan.
Interesting comment.

Neither Peggy or Benny would be allowed the equivelent decision at Richmond. It is Neil Balme's role to determine the coach and recommend to the Board.

Given Cain Little is a richmond man, I would have expected him to institute this and break the old carlton power plays.