Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Always been a player to stand up in big moments, the key will be to get that output for the whole game

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Pretty good game yesterday, good start three games in, but is he better than Liam Stocker?
Is Stocker up n about again? After playing a few games early on he disappeared with some mental health issues, haven't heard that much about him since.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Rcd should be called the anti atheist

he will make you of little faith believers

looking really good now building well , much classier and composed than advertised

Reactions: 1 user

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
He's a young player and there will be a lot of uneven work in his play. Some lovely little signs yesterday and with confidence and experience at the level he could really blossom. I did notice however ( and this is not intended to be a knock ) very tentative work in the middle when GWS got their little run when Hogan kicked goals for fun. To his credit he kicked two after that!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Im liking what i am seeing with Riley

Certainly gives us something different that we dont have in the middle and combined with Shai , Graham there is diversity in our young kids
Martyn is another thats different to these boys as well.

Just have to get them to 50 games but our future midfield is looking pretty good

Reactions: 3 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I think it's good that we've noted that in his third ever game RCD was flogged by the more experienced and more mature Tom Green. For a just under three quarters.

And that despite this hammering RCD kicked a crucial goal against the tide, grew in confidence, and began to emerge as a senior player.

So often in his youth, slow to use, and short in vision, RCD in the final quarter, slipped the odd handball smart, and began to use forward (so important). And he goaled again.

By the time that game was over young, and very immature, RCD had completely overturned Tom Green's dominance. I'd say our lad flogged him when we rallied. And when it mattered. RCD grew three years in 40 minutes.

A special mention of that tackle in the second. RCD, clumsy, slow to get there, oafish, saw all that for himself, put the jets on 1m from the place he should already have been - and broke a GWS player in half with a tackle. The velocity of approach, the clamp. The insight and regret. The punishment of another for that. The joy of triumph. The freedom of failure.

How do you think he slept?

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Played today.
Didn't see the Carlscum game, stats in the paper show he had a fairly moderate game for a crap team. Saw R2D2's game n the young fella's stepping up a bit more each time he runs out so developing nicely.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Didn't see the Carlscum game, stats in the paper show he had a fairly moderate game for a crap team. Saw R2D2's game n the young fella's stepping up a bit more each time he runs out so developing nicely.
Stocker - 15 disposals, 3 tackles and 1 goal - seems like they are both tracking similarly although I don’t know what position Stocker played

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Stocker - 15 disposals, 3 tackles and 1 goal - seems like they are both tracking similarly although I don’t know what position Stocker played

Whether Stocker ends up better than Riley is of little relevance as he was taken before our pick anyway. The only interest is we all want to see smug Carlscum ridiculed for another monumental stuff up by trading up to take Stocker and overlooking Riley, (believing they had gazumped Richmond).

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

daird

Tiger Cub
Aug 21, 2020
I believe they play Stocker off half-back,I imagine their defenders would rack up plenty of touches considering how often the ball would end up in their defensive 50.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Billy24

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2014
The kid kept putting himself in position to get the ball.
He reminds me of an early Brad Boyd from Fitzroy. He made a few blues early but had a desire to win the ball. This kid has that same desire.
boyd played for Vic before injury killed his career.
Brad Boyd was a very good footballer......

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Impressed with RCD's foot skills. A couple of good goals, a nice snap on his non preferred, and I liked how he kicked through the ball on the set shot goal.

Reactions: 3 users