Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Tiger land Riley Collier’Dawkins

Impressed with RCD's foot skills. A couple of good goals, a nice snap on his non preferred, and I liked how he kicked through the ball on the set shot goal.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Each kick was just like the one you'd include in a video tutorial on our game.

The action for his set shot was so straight, you could rule up your page with it.

What a team needs most is not those freak Butler or Higgins type goals that pop up in highlights reels, but the reliable execution of regulation bread-and-butter kicking.

When you consider some of the attempted goal kicking we've seen at times from Lynch, Cotchin, Castagna, it makes you appreciate how valuable RCD's kicking could be, if he can reproduce it consistently.

If you can nurture 4-6 guys who can average 2-3 goals per game, plus a few other contributors, that's your flag right there.

And if you can get them to hang around on reasonable coin, there's your dynasty.

You may think I'm banging on a bit about a newbie's two goals that the rest of the footy world has already forgotten about, but our brains trust would have noticed them, along with a few other things he did that show he's growing into his body, growing into the game, and growing into the team.

After reading this post, go grab a pencil and write down, next to the name Riley Collier-Dawkins, two words - Richmond Man.

Reactions: 12 users
The fact Jack didn't hesitate to pass it to Alfie to have the set shot would suggest he's a pretty reliable kick for goal at training.

Reactions: 3 users
Exactly what I was thinking.

Each kick was just like the one you'd include in a video tutorial on our game.

The action for his set shot was so straight, you could rule up your page with it.

What a team needs most is not those freak Butler or Higgins type goals that pop up in highlights reels, but the reliable execution of regulation bread-and-butter kicking.

When you consider some of the attempted goal kicking we've seen at times from Lynch, Cotchin, Castagna, it makes you appreciate how valuable RCD's kicking could be, if he can reproduce it consistently.

If you can nurture 4-6 guys who can average 2-3 goals per game, plus a few other contributors, that's your flag right there.

And if you can get them to hang around on reasonable coin, there's your dynasty.

You may think I'm banging on a bit about a newbie's two goals that the rest of the footy world has already forgotten about, but our brains trust would have noticed them, along with a few other things he did that show he's growing into his body, growing into the game, and growing into the team.

After reading this post, go grab a pencil and write down, next to the name Riley Collier-Dawkins, two words - Richmond Man.

Yes. This reminds me of Jacob Townsend who could do 3 things - he could take a mark on the lead, tackle like a mofo and kick straight for goal. Got him a premiership. Lined up the goals, straight action, straight ball drop, goal.

Reactions: 2 users
Disp/Tackles/Clearances/Goals/Goal Assists/TOG%/Metres gained/ Instrumental in Victory (Y?N)

tom greene 24/4/2 /1/1/70/212/N

RCD. 18/7/4/2/2/80/405/Y

Who had the visually and unambiguously statistically superior game? RCD. twice the tackles, clearances, goals, metres gained and victories?

who gets the rising Star Nomination? Tom Greene

jeez these *smile* are simplistic and annoying.

Reactions: 2 users
Brad Boyd was a very good footballer......
Yeh, he was a young gun that was cruelled by injury. Something about RCD reminded me of Boyd. Similar size, similar movement? Desire to be involved?

Watched the game back yesterday and RCD was so important for our win.

One the way home from the game I said to my daughters that it felt very much like the Dogs game, behind and not playing great footy at half time, step up the pressure and really reduce the scoring potential of the opposition, but in both games a seriously important part was the goal kicked just before half time. I think Bolton did it against the Dogs and Rileys first (which included that lovely side step and snap on the left.

Also, Riley kicked a beautiful kick to George for his long set shot that brought us to within a goal, it was a great kick that enabled George to protect the space in front from the defender.

24 of 29 centre bounce attendance too, a game high shows how highly we rank him from a clearance perspective.

Reactions: 4 users
Disp/Tackles/Clearances/Goals/Goal Assists/TOG%/Metres gained/ Instrumental in Victory (Y?N)

RCD. 18/7/4/2/2/80/405/Y

Who had the visually and unambiguously statistically superior game? RCD. twice the tackles, clearances, goals, metres gained and victories?

I think Riley needs to string together a couple of similar games to get attention. Huge test this week against Brisbane. Quite exciting to see a youngster with his attributes coming through. Get Prestia/Cotch/etc back in the second half of the year and RCD could have a similar impact that the Fridge had in 2017.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeh, he was a young gun that was cruelled by injury. Something about RCD reminded me of Boyd. Similar size, similar movement? Desire to be involved?
Gotta bit of that too, and also without even thinking he'll ever get to this bloke's level.... his sidestep and composure had a touch of David Mundy about it imo.
I like him...hope he snaps *itch Robinson in half after Lynch has cleaned him up in a contest!

Boyd was made captain of the Roys at age 23. Their last year in the AFL was his second year as captain.
There’s a great article about him and the final years of the Roy’s on the Footy Almanac site by Gabrielle Murphy if anyone is interested. A good read.

Reactions: 1 user
Boyd was made captain of the Roys at age 23. Their last year in the AFL was his second year as captain.
There’s a great article about him and the final years of the Roy’s on the Footy Almanac site by Gabrielle Murphy if anyone is interested. A good read.

Side issue: Hope they are still intending to release a 2020 Tigers Almanac (to add to the collection)

For a kid who has had to earn his stripes, his game on the weekend will do wonders for his confidence & belief.

RCD. 18/7/4/2/2/80/405/Y

RCD also lifted through the game Green dropped off. Green barely touched it in the second half when the pressure lifted.

Green got the nom. because he was playing against the Tigers, it's a conspiracy I tell ya. :))

Any chance our kids get a Gong?
I can't remember our last kid to get nominated.
These blind fks are the same ones that forgot to have Bolton in the best under 22 side.
Bring back Norwich. At least with Norwich we won one.

One thing i noticed with RCD is that after he kicked his goals he got a clean centre clearance at the resulting centre bounce. He was pumped.

Any chance our kids get a Gong?
I can't remember our last kid to get nominated.
These blind fks are the same ones that forgot to have Bolton in the best under 22 side.
Bring back Norwich. At least with Norwich we won one.
apparently johnson did the nomination and wasn't watching the richmond players

apparently johnson did the nomination and wasn't watching the richmond players
Brad Johnson is the biggest fwit going around.
If you lined up all the kids under 22 today, Bolton would be in the top 3.
Naughton, Bolton, Anderson, Luscious and Allen